graham

Site Admin
Real Name
Graham
eBay User
ozcardtrader
COMC User
ozcardtrader
Let me make this clear - if there is any evidence that you shill (bid up) your own eBay auctions, your account on OzCardTrader will be banned.

It's pretty easy to tell from eBay if it's happening so if you value your account here, don't do it.

There will be no warnings - your account will be banned instantly.

This comes under our site rules :

Deceit in any form is frowned upon. For example, full disclosure and honesty of the condition and authenticity of patches or autographs on items is expected. Not doing so is considered deceitful behaviour. This rule extends past the realm of OzCardTrader.com.au eg eBay - shilling your own eBay auctions (shilling is bidding up an item you listed to get a higher final price by using another account you or someone you know owns to bid up the price). This is also considered deceitful. If it is discovered that you have knowingly deceived or ripped off another collector anywhere in the world, you will be suspended or banned from this site. You represent the site and the protection of our member's integrity is priority number one.

Although I do like this thread It has made me think of what I was like when I first went on ebay (thanks Sis) There would have been times that my own bids back then would have looked like shilling as it is discussed here ! I used to try and save extra on postage and sometimes it meant bidding extra to win some of those cards from the same seller :lol: I used to pay way too much for stuff but had a great time while I did it anyway :) its funny to think back on it now but it would be unfortunate if a new ebayer (similar to myself back then) caused someone to be banned here by bidding in a similar fashion. Just a thought but hopefully there is no-one doing dodgy auctions run by members here !

I would say the other way around. Bidding on multiple auctions is ok but bidding multiple times is the more suspicious behaviour. If a seller combines postage you might want to win 2 or 3 things from them to minimize the postage component. Also if you like one item of theirs, you most likely like others. Each to their own I guess. Im sure you will listen to reasoning and only ban the blatant shillers.

I was banned from Ebay for shilling. You need to be careful. The account I was accused of bid shilling with didn't exist. But it still took many months to have my account opened again.

There is a member on this site who 2 years ago did conduct shilling on ebay
HE was engaging with 5 interested parties, whose after contacting HIM in reference to a desirable AFL hall of fame card of a deceased player HE kept messaging bidding updates with character assassinations and negative aspersions APPARENTLY made by others and he was stating that he was willing to give you a chance. but he told that you would need to bid big because the others are plotting to GET you,
he was manipulating all 5 parties antogonising each with what he could to gain leaverage in his favour. One of his bidders/conspirator admitted to the scam some time back.
So I gave HIM a chance to quote the card with an option to purchase if suitable he had sold the card to me for $1000 and offered $400 for it because it devalued since he owned it. This person is active on ebay and on this site in the past and portrays himself as a AFL card "signature collecting" statesman from Melbourne but in actuality he is a fraudster and a crook. A knick name I gave him is the Daimond creek creep.

There's this seller on ebay called - frankterryau. He has this 2011 tazo album and it's quite interesting because i always watch it and whenever i bid, someone else bids and overtakes me. i subsequently lose and when it is relisted and i don't bid, no one bids. I could be wrong though, although it's quite suspicious

There's this seller on ebay called - frankterryau. He has this 2011 tazo album and it's quite interesting because i always watch it and whenever i bid, someone else bids and overtakes me. i subsequently lose and when it is relisted and i don't bid, no one bids. I could be wrong though, although it's quite suspicious

See this happening a bit.....mainly with Aussie Ebay sellers. Not coincidence!

If you actually want it, put a snipe bid on. He will have a hard time shilling with a second or 2 to go. But really, do you want to buy from that sort of seller anyway???

If you actually want it, put a snipe bid on. He will have a hard time shilling with a second or 2 to go. But really, do you want to buy from that sort of seller anyway???
Well kinda, the item i wanted to buy was very hard to find despite not being expensive.

I would like to put an ebay name, 312311 up for discussion. I have no idea who this person is or if they are a member here. I just thought it would be in everyone's best interest to notify them.

For over a month I tried to purchase 3 cards he had for sale. No. 1. Brownlow Medal honour roll header card No. 33. http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2015-HONOURS2-CLUB-HONOUR-ROLL-HEADER-CARD-CHR1-NO-33-75-/172025960613. It sold 3 times twice to the same guy ?

No. 2. Western Bulldogs Brownlow Medal Honour Roll Card. It sold twice. Sorry I can't find the link for this one

No. 3. 2015 HONOURS2 Brownlow Signature BMS 8 GARY DEMPSEY PLAYING JUMPER no. 24 RARE.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2015-HON...MPSEY-PLAYING-JUMPER-no-24-RARE-/181972730946.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2015-HON...MPSEY-PLAYING-JUMPER-no-24-RARE-/172025729542.
This sold 4 times. 3 times to the same person ? Same person won 2 of the 1st and 1 of the 2nd yet still has ZERO feedback ! Still has zero feedback today !

Why is this site going to ban them ? When ebay will do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING when this is reported to them ? I have informed ebay that from this point forward when ever I sell on ebay I WILL BE SHILL BIDDING since they are allowing it now more than ever !

Can someone explain to me why I shouldn't ? I am sick of being ripped off.

I would like to put an ebay name, 312311 up for discussion. I have no idea who this person is or if they are a member here. I just thought it would be in everyone's best interest to notify them.

For over a month I tried to purchase 3 cards he had for sale. No. 1. Brownlow Medal honour roll header card No. 33. http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2015-HONOURS2-CLUB-HONOUR-ROLL-HEADER-CARD-CHR1-NO-33-75-/172025960613. It sold 3 times twice to the same guy ?

No. 2. Western Bulldogs Brownlow Medal Honour Roll Card. It sold twice. Sorry I can't find the link for this one

No. 3. 2015 HONOURS2 Brownlow Signature BMS 8 GARY DEMPSEY PLAYING JUMPER no. 24 RARE.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2015-HON...MPSEY-PLAYING-JUMPER-no-24-RARE-/181972730946.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2015-HON...MPSEY-PLAYING-JUMPER-no-24-RARE-/172025729542.
This sold 4 times. 3 times to the same person ? Same person won 2 of the 1st and 1 of the 2nd yet still has ZERO feedback ! Still has zero feedback today !

Why is this site going to ban them ? When ebay will do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING when this is reported to them ? I have informed ebay that from this point forward when ever I sell on ebay I WILL BE SHILL BIDDING since they are allowing it now more than ever !

Can someone explain to me why I shouldn't ? I am sick of being ripped off.
So after what you have experienced, that feeling of anger and frustration, you think letting someone else face the same situation fair? ive been victim of shill bidders before, yes its incredibly irritating but best thing you can do is warn others in the community, as i think most sellers are straight up but like in anything you do people will always looks for way to try underhand methods.

Back
Top Bottom