Shawn Kemp is BACK!... to EUROPE!

jimboiitmac

miami pride
Real Name
King James
eBay User
jimboiitmac
Thought this deserved a thread in itself since lots of people have speculated his return to an NBA team, but now to Europe instead...

From ESPN:

If more current players flee the NBA for Europe, they will see a familiar face.

The Italian team Premiata Montegranaro announced on Sunday that 38-year-old Shawn Kemp has agreed to play for the team starting in November.

"I am happy that a player that has made basketball history would come to Montegranaro," coach Alessandro Finelli said.

Finelli believed that the six-time NBA All-Star could still contribute.

"He is very motivated," Finelli said. "And he has been staying in shape to show up at our camp in good shape."

Kemp averaged 14.6 points and 8.4 rebounds over 14 NBA seasons. He played eight years with Seattle, three with Cleveland, two with Portland and finished with one season in Orlando.

Finelli did not know, however, if Kemp would be the key to the season for the Premiata, which plays in the top division of Italian basketball.

"We will discover with work in the gym if he will be a key player for our team," Finelli said. "Now, it's too soon to say that."

Kemp has flirted with attempting a comeback in the NBA many times since his last season in the league, working out for a number of teams but not sticking with any of them.

he has to face facts that he is getting pretty old now...i mean what will he do for money if he wasnt playing basketball??
i mean no offence to him...but he has to start thinking about life after basketball for once...trying to get back into the NBA and stuff....i mean god..
I loved him in Seattle, but those days are long gone

i think he can still be effective in a way, also im sure hes got lots of child support payments to take care of :p

good luck to him

hope this drives the prices of his cards back up again :p

he is 6x All Star yet his cards are valued lower than Kerry Kittles:rolleyes:

Cool! But really the only reason anyone ever watched Kemp play was to see him take off from the dotted circle, knock some fool over trying to take a charge, and stuff it down the throat of a weak side defender, then strike a pose and run back up court while hollering at the crowd. I don't think I've seen Kemp ever dunk in a Cavs uniform and that was yearsssss ago.

Cool! But really the only reason anyone ever watched Kemp play was to see him take off from the dotted circle, knock some fool over trying to take a charge, and stuff it down the throat of a weak side defender, then strike a pose and run back up court while hollering at the crowd. I don't think I've seen Kemp ever dunk in a Cavs uniform and that was yearsssss ago.

hahaha true that i'm sure we'll hear he will be delegated towel, drink bottle and bench duties on a regularly nightly basis !

you never saw him dunk in a cavs uniform?...he did a couple of nice ones lol....one against Zo.."Shawwwn Kemp!...as he took Alonzo Morning ....and just finissheed him off!"

and the other one that i can remember...the game he played against the Sonics (first game in Seattle since the trade)...he threw one down with 2 hands when the shotclock went off...was sweet... (i have the game btw lol)

he did a few nice dunks for the cavs, but most of the top highlights were from sonics days, i think he lost motivation after the trade :S

thing was though..his first year with the cavs, i have an interview where he says "here with the cavs, i can show my true all around game".
One thing that was frustrating with Kemp was his ability to pickup cheap fouls....would be a hard guy to manage if you were a coach.
i don't think i ever saw him dunk as a blazer or a magic (probably too fat to get off the ground!)

its funny...wasnt he like mentoring one of his sons?....he's leaving the country man...i couldnt leave my kids if i were a father...but i guess you have to go where the money is these days hey

its funny...wasnt he like mentoring one of his sons?....he's leaving the country man...i couldnt leave my kids if i were a father...but i guess you have to go where the money is these days hey

Leaves some in the US, and reunites with the 1s in Europe :D Lets face it, they're world wide.

Back
Top Bottom