Sharky's 2018 Box/Pack Breaks - Elite

Sharky

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Steve
eBay User
sharkysparky
Well I came home to a package waiting from @Diggaz TC a couple of boxes and an Album of Traders

First Up

Album Card

IMG_5177.JPG

WCP30 - Renae Kunst

not sure what case these boxes came from as they were not marked but here is the breakdowns of whats inside

Box 1
LEFT SIDE
1 - CH27
2 - ST18
3 - Parallel (P)
4 - SR28
5 - FG29
6 - CH26
7 - R1 - Ben Hannant
8 - FG39
9 - FG22
10 - SOO41
11 - P
12 - FG42
13 - SR11
14 - FG36
15 - FG6
16 - P
17 - S0037
18 - SOO4

RIGHT SIDE
1 - SOO12
2 - SR48
3 - P
4 - FG47
5 - SR42
6 - FG14
7 - ASN4 - Matt Prior
8 - ST12
9 - SR23
10 - FG60
11 - WC3 - Boyd Cordner
12 - CH10
13 - P
14 - P
15 - SR25
16 - FG18
17 - FG12
18 - FG62

IMG_5182.JPG IMG_5188.JPG
IMG_5187.JPG IMG_5185.JPG
IMG_5184.JPG IMG_5186.JPG
IMG_5183.JPG

Box 2
LEFT SIDE
1 - FG63
2 - ASN12 - Angus Crichton
3 - FG15
4 - FG58
5 - CH17
6 - P
7 - SOO32
8 - SR19
9 - SOO21
10 - ST10
11 - FG33
12 - SR17
13 - P
14 - FG31
15 - P
16 - FG8
17 - S001
18 - SR39

RIGHT SIDE
1 - CH21
2 - WC32 - Simaima Taufa
3 - CH14
4 - P
5 - SR34
6 - SR7
7 - FG3
8 - FG28
9 - ST15
10 - FG20
11 - FG11
12 - P
13 - S0031
14 - P
15 - SR6
16 - FG50
17 - P
18 - FG54

IMG_5202.JPG IMG_5203.JPG
IMG_5201.JPG IMG_5197.JPG
IMG_5195.JPG IMG_5198.JPG
IMG_5196.JPG IMG_5199.JPG IMG_5200.JPG

and that is it... two boxes and a Retirement and a couple of Navy fake sigs to show for it....

Last edited:
There a harsh bloody release that's for sure . Me and the wife are over 1k in already with only hits being pink startoons from starter packs (6 all up which I suppose is lucky but then again been about 50 starter packs opened )

1 case break left each so hopefully hit something but then I'm done, will just buy my raiders Sig's and predictor online and try get some money back from all the low end stuff

This is the reason I don’t hit Traders too hard anymore. I will certainly buy loose packs and starters to get some trade bait but the reality is the big hits are hard to come by. All of the low end stuff is already being dumped hard onto the secondary market, wait 4 weeks and STR’s will be $1ea, Startoons (non numbered) $2-$3 each etc!!

This is the reason I don’t hit Traders too hard anymore. I will certainly buy loose packs and starters to get some trade bait but the reality is the big hits are hard to come by. All of the low end stuff is already being dumped hard onto the secondary market, wait 4 weeks and STR’s will be $1ea, Startoons (non numbered) $2-$3 each etc!!

yeah it is unfortunate there is not the value in buying a box, and the product is not even officially released and inserts are dirt cheap on ebay.

yeah it is unfortunate there is not the value in buying a box, and the product is not even officially released and inserts are dirt cheap on ebay.

I feel your pain. Imagine how dealers trying to make a $$ out of a case feel?

The issues is no master set collectors anymore but due to the availability of the product and all collectors live busting, product gets dumped.

I feel your pain. Imagine how dealers trying to make a $$ out of a case feel?

The issues is no master set collectors anymore but due to the availability of the product and all collectors live busting, product gets dumped.

I cant see how dealers would make any money on a case apart from live breaks and selling whole boxes, busting cases for them selves and then selling ALL the product while competing with ebay undercutting would be quite the painful experience

I cant see how dealers would make any money on a case apart from live breaks and selling whole boxes, busting cases for them selves and then selling ALL the product while competing with ebay undercutting would be quite the painful experience
Mind you a lot of people who undercut on ebay would probably buy a box's worth of packs tops. Case dealers definitely have the range of inserts down pat but finding the exact insert you want at the undercut price is generally down to luck

After seeing this I'm having a big re-think about how I attack this release. I always get a few boxes and give the Starters a good nudge before churning through the loose packs until Elite draws near.
I might flick the boxes and give the Starters a go then revert to the packs using my "chunk" theory. Hold off on the little nibbles until I can get a big chunk out of a box - 10, 15, 20 packs. It'll take will-power and perseverance, two things I'm not usually good with. :ermm:

After seeing this I'm having a big re-think about how I attack this release. I always get a few boxes and give the Starters a good nudge before churning through the loose packs until Elite draws near.
I might flick the boxes and give the Starters a go then revert to the packs using my "chunk" theory. Hold off on the little nibbles until I can get a big chunk out of a box - 10, 15, 20 packs. It'll take will-power and perseverance, two things I'm not usually good with. :ermm:

the starters look like the better value with the inclusion of the coloured startoons and the #/100 pink in them, in hindsight i probably would of purchased a box and a case of starters.

Ducked into a newsagent this morning they have the starters hanging on a peg behind the counter. This Newsie doesn't like people searching so keeps all his stuff behind the counter.

I grabbed two starters

Bagged a Wade Graham Green and. Cameron Munster Pink along with a World Cup and a Retirement not bad!

IMG_5396.JPG

IMG_5397.JPG

Munster is No'd 031/100

IMG_5401.JPG IMG_5400.JPG

Grabbed a starter pack of Xtreme on my way home

Nofoaluma Parallel Superhero
Couple of inserts but Two Gold Footy Stars

Jarrod Croker and Jake Friend

It is kinda disappointing you get only 4 cards in a pack after the parallel and insert are taken away

IMG_5522.JPG

IMG_5523.JPG

Ducked down the shops for some odds and ends and grabbed a folder and another starter whilst I was out.

I miss the free packs in The albums (and the album cards)

Got a Frizell mini in the mini fig bag

But in the starter I snagged an Aiden Sezer Parallel SH and another Gold fig Darius Boyd this time.

One pack just had a parallel card

IMG_5524.JPG IMG_5526.JPG

IMG_5527.JPG
IMG_5528.JPG

Do you think the golds are easier to get in the starters then boxes??

Back
Top Bottom