Setting Card Value in ShipMyCards

LT1of1

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Lee
COMC User
LT1of1
Hey folks!

Was wondering what’s the impact of setting the card values in SMC.

Is that the value that is set when going through customs?
If so then wouldn’t it be ideal just to leave it to $1 so we don’t have to pay an exorbitant fee?
However if we do that are there any negative impacts?

Cheers folks
Relatively new to this hobby.

Yes. Whatever value you set an item prior to it being shipped, this figure will add to the sum customs value when a shipment comes over.

I usually aim to have a max customs value of AU$800 or less. Singles I generally list at $1-5. Boxes between $50-100. Have had six shipments come over now, no problems.

I can't imagine you'd cause yourself any problems unless you order in a ridiculously large order with a customs value that doesn't pass the sniff test. Don't be that guy.

Yes. Whatever value you set an item prior to it being shipped, this figure will add to the sum customs value when a shipment comes over.

I usually aim to have a max customs value of AU$800 or less. Singles I generally list at $1-5. Boxes between $50-100. Have had six shipments come over now, no problems.

I can't imagine you'd cause yourself any problems unless you order in a ridiculously large order with a customs value that doesn't pass the sniff test. Don't be that guy.
Awesome, thanks Benny good to know.

So say, some random citizen, theoretically, ordered two boxes, a box of National Treasures and an Immaculate Hobby as an example. In SMC they were to state that each box was US$400 each coming to a total of US$800, then said person would not be required to pay anything to have them delievered to Australia?

So say, some random citizen, theoretically, ordered two boxes, a box of National Treasures and an Immaculate Hobby as an example. In SMC they were to state that each box was US$400 each coming to a total of US$800, then said person would not be required to pay anything to have them delievered to Australia?
If the value was US$800, then that would be a problem as it equates to appx AU$1,186 and you'd get slugged customs duty.

If you don't mind paying the duty, then whatevs. But if you'd rather avoid it like the rest of us, be mindful of the US to AU conversion :)

Put the boxes at $50 each.

You would insure for $5k max through SMC for Fedex

Keep the total value to under $1000 aus dollar, i had an epic argument with customs about a shipment over $1000 aus. It took alot of paperwork and ebay pdfs to avoid the import fees of about $300 from memory.

Back
Top Bottom