Set collecting....

boosta

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Clem
eBay User
clemboy76
For set collectors, be it auto or parallel - do you end up collecting the whole set?

eg - (11-12) past present elusive ink autographs

Do you buy all cards or buy the really "key popular" players?

Cheers!

Set collecting to me is all about choosing a set that you will complete. Sometimes finding those no name guys are the best.

In saying that, I have done mini sets where I've just picked up the hof level guys like my 03-04 exquisite chase.

But my pride and joy will be my 05-06 exquisite gold chase, which hopefully will be 100% complete one day.

Thanks drobfan50 - the word that went AWOL before I posted - "mini set" is what I am thinking off as for what I am trying to collect, I don't want to go for all players.

Thanks drobfan50 - the word that went AWOL before I posted - "mini set" is what I am thinking off as for what I am trying to collect, I don't want to go for all players.

Yeah it really depends on the set.

I'm also chasing 04/05 Trilogy Spectrum /10 and 03/04 Bowman Chrome Gold Refractors /50 and have absolutely no interest in collecting the players that aren't HOF worthy or favourites of mine. Don't forget, it's your collection. Just grab what you want. Otherwise you can waste your $$$ on cards you don't want.

I'm a bit opposite to you in the sense that they are hof except they played in the 70s so I don't really know these players.

I have to decide for the money spent - I get 1 of the popular player and it can equate to 5 cards of these hof.

Back
Top Bottom