Serial Jersey #thread....

taffster74

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Jason
Just putting an idea out here (and this can run concurrent with matt's serial # count up thread as it's kind of inspired by it).....

How's about a thread where we post up cards where the number in the print run matches up with the player's Jersey number (as shown on the card, of course)? There'll be no limit as to how many cards you post in a thread, so long as they match the Jersey number. We could even do it as a count up thread. I'll leave that up to you guys (and gal's).

Should add, if you do multiple cards at a particular Jersey number, they have be of the same player. Just to make it a little more interesting. Matt wrightson, I'm talking to you. Lol

Last edited:
Okay, I'll start the ball rolling. Forget the whole count up just Jersey serial number....

16103471652971465384441861750077.jpg

16103471871684039673531685629909.jpg

I am proud to say I have 40+ serial numbered Hakeems but not a single one is a 34.

At some stage I may check through my other cards but must say I have never got the fascination with jersey numbered cards.

Quick question for those who do collect jersey numbered cards - how do you define “jersey number” for a player? Is Iverson always 3 or can he be 1 too? Is he only 1 if it is a Pistons jersey? What about Shaqhe wore 4 different jersey numbers? Do you again apportion them out based on what team the card/jersey represents?

What about Kobe, is he 8 or 24? How do you know which is which as all jerseys will be Lakers?

Things I had never considered before!

Quick question for those who do collect jersey numbered cards - how do you define “jersey number” for a player? Is Iverson always 3 or can he be 1 too? Is he only 1 if it is a Pistons jersey? What about Shaqhe wore 4 different jersey numbers? Do you again apportion them out based on what team the card/jersey represents?

What about Kobe, is he 8 or 24? How do you know which is which as all jerseys will be Lakers?

Things I had never considered before!
Doesn't really matter, honestly. As long as the card shares the same serial number as the player's Jersey (as pictured on the card), it belongs in this thread. Doesn't even have to be a pc card.

Doesn't really matter, honestly. As long as the card shares the same serial number as the player's Jersey (as pictured on the card), it belongs in this thread. Doesn't even have to be a pc card.
Wasn't too worried about the thread, just more interested in collecting habits.

Jersey number showing on the card is a good one that I hadn't thought of though.

Wasn't too worried about the thread, just more interested in collecting habits.

Jersey number showing on the card is a good one that I hadn't thought of though.
Yeah here's an example!
Delly wore #8 for most of his career but #9 for the first part of his rookie year

Dellavedova (2).jpg

@kiwi_in_melb very nice cards.

So, do you actively search out 12/xx cards? If so are you willing/do you need to pay a premium for them? If so roughly how much more would you pay (say a rough %)?

@kiwi_in_melb very nice cards.

So, do you actively search out 12/xx cards? If so are you willing/do you need to pay a premium for them? If so roughly how much more would you pay (say a rough %)?
Have been hunting more 12/ cards recently as something to keep me interested in the hobby as new box prices are outrageous.

They usually do come at a premium I generally expect them to go for 15 - 20% more than regular but there are definitely still bargains to be had

Back
Top Bottom