PSA Grading Group Submissions

I have Fedex Australia asking me for a PSA letter before they will clear my latest submission. The last sub from PSA I was simply asked to pay them $200( joke but what can you do) but it's as if they have tried to speed up the process by immediately acting on it as soon as the item was shipped. It wouldn't even be in Australia yet. They were also asking me if the value of the items has changed and whether they were Sportscards or Pokemon cards? This was in a voicemail message. I have spent an hour so far trying to get through to Fedex with no luck and there is little chance that PSA will help out since it took them 6 months to reply to my last email.

Anyone else in this predicament? I had another 25 card sub ready to go but seriously questioning whether it's worth the headache. The strength of the USD is also making it less and less appealing

Apologies for the misery.

Never had this issue - make sure you call the legit number and ask what they have on file if it's referring to the same legit thinkg - could be a scam? you do have something in the process of clearance though it seems so probably all fine but definitely check - damn scammers are levelling up these days

Cheers for the reply. It seems legit. Why they wanted the info before it reached Australia is beyond me but now that it has landed they have charged me $200AUD based on PSA's declared value of $660USD ( 22 card@ 30USD) which when converted to ozzie dollars is $1050 and therefore liable to customs duty. Here's where it is a bit sus imo. The first 3 or 4 orders with PSA were never flagged. In hindsight they were all under the $1000AUD threshold. Here's where it gets sus though. My first ever order with SGC is when I got hit with the customs duty. They reckon( FEDEX) that the value declared by SGC was $1040AUD which is the value I put down on my cards. However, if SGC had've done what PSA did they should have only declared $330USD ( 11cards @ $30USD) and I would not have breached the$1000AUD threshold. Why SGC declared the $1040 is beyond me - if that is what they did. If PSA had invoiced Fedex with my declared value I'd be paying customs duty on $4,000USD which would be insane. All my subs with PSA have had declared values of at least 3KUSD

It still sounds sus to me but the phone numbers are definitely those of Fedex and it's hard to see how it could be scammers. I might now go back to SGC and see if they did in fact declare the value at $1040AUD instead of the $330USD. SGC have either cost me $200 unnecessarily or it might all be a scam( which I doubt). I will do another sub with PSA and make sure that I only sub 15 cards at the $18 per card. If Fedex then come back at me and use my declared value instead of the 15X$18=$270 then it could definitely be a scam.

Again, I doubt it is a scam. I queried them today about the SGC shipement last year and they said SGC had declared the value to be $1040AUD which if true was a mistake on their part as you should only be paying customs on the services performed - not the estimated value of your cards. If that were the case I would've been paying $500AUD customs every time with PSA

I'll follow it up for sure. I'd like it clarified. Otherwise I'm going to sub with PSA and declare every card at $1. Although, with my luck they will get lost in transit and I'll be insured for $20, lol.

Cheers.

Again, I doubt it is a scam. I queried them today about the SGC shipement last year and they said SGC had declared the value to be $1040AUD which if true was a mistake on their part as you should only be paying customs on the services performed - not the estimated value of your cards. If that were the case I would've been paying $500AUD customs every time with PSA

100% agree with this bit. The cards are originally yours. Why should you have to pay customs duty on them? It's not like you purchased them from PSA or SGC or whatever at that value.

Back
Top Bottom