Selling on oz card trader

RickJames11

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Ricky
eBay User
Rickweat
Hi all,

I have a couple of questions regarding selling cards on oz card trader. First question, is oz card trader a good place to sell new box of cards? I've be doing some serious research and number crunching and i finally think that I've managed to make is cost effective to import cards and sell them below retail prices. Do people buy new boxes of cards on here? Ebay is also an option, it would get the most traffic and would be most likely to sell items, but with insert fees and final value fees it makes it almost impossible to sell below retail. There's also gumtree, pros are that it is free to advertise and there is no fees. Cons are, I'm not really sure if anyone looks for trading cards on gumtree. What do you guys think? My last question i promise, what is the best way to package up boxes of cards to send? I've only ever sent cards in bubble mailers.

I hope you guys can help.

Thank you.

You now need to make sure you include GST into your calculations as they have recently introduced the GST on all purchases imported into Australia. Not trying to put a dampener on it, but 10% can make a fair bit of difference.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah i was made aware of the new GST rule and still factoring in the added 10% i can still make it work. Just trying to find the best forum to market the cards.

Hi Ricky,
Firstly welcome to the page!
To be honest with you, it will be pretty hard to break into the market. There is at least 30 places that sell boxes of various sports cards in Australia just that I know of. There's probably 100 more that I don't know of. And there has been quite a few try it on these pages with varied but mostly limited success.
Also factor in that there are big and established retailers out there that people trust and will be loyal to regardless of how much cheaper your products are. Believe this, I know first hand.
I don't believe the Australian market is growing at a fast enough rate to sustain the number of new retailers I've seen start up in the last year.

However I wish you success, the more support the trading card hobby gets, the better it will be! Best of luck!

Thanks for the reply and i appreciate your honesty. Doesn't seem to be a common place where people sell new boxes of cards. I'm quite new to the hobby itself so i guess i was going off how i would approach the situation. I'd be happy to buy cheaper boxes of cards from oz card trader. What do other people think? Is that how you all feel about the purchases they make even though the price may be considerably higher?

Just want to finish by saying I'm not saying that retailers are ripping us off, I understand that they have higher overheads and costs that they need to cover and that factors into the price of the products they sell. Just wanted to see what peoples thoughts were.

Back
Top Bottom