Selling cards on ebay

Sublime

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Marc
eBay User
fench9
Just a quick question.

Do most of you guys list your cards on ebay Australia? Or are we able to list them on ebay america to get a bigger spread of people viewing the auctions? I'm a little unsure how to best go about selling stuff on the bay, especially from a 'US' hobby.

Yep... ebay usa is definatly the way to go with higher end or rare cards.
The market there is as you would expect huge..
Just log on to ebay usa and just do exactly the same as you would in oz...
Naturally you want to include postage worldwide..
good luck with ya sales

I only list on .com.au and have worldwide postage and as a result attract sales from all corners of the globe.

However I can see how it can be a benefit to list a highend card on .com.....some US buyers (the bulk of the market) might be scared off from buying from overseas sellers.

there is no difference between us and au. the only thing that is different the au puts items in au amounts and us put's it in dollar amounts. I'm from the US and can log into ebay.au with the same log in. Hope this helps.

no it's different.. coz when people search, the items that come up are mostly from those of the local site. so putting it up in US ebay gives a wider audience than putting it up in AU ebay..

I've seen items in US ebay that normally wouldn't show if i search using AU ebay.

Chowpei:

no it's different.. coz when people search, the items that come up are mostly from those of the local site. so putting it up in US ebay gives a wider audience than putting it up in AU ebay..

I've seen items in US ebay that normally wouldn't show if i search using AU ebay.

yep i agree with you there chowpei,

i use ebay australia only (since im from australia)

if you want your ebay australia listings to show on ebay US, just make sure you add worldwide postage to your listings.

no need to login into ebay US...... (or is there ?)

If you put your item on com.au and set as world wide, they will come up in searches on ebay.com, but at the bottom saying from international sellers, and only normally shows 5-10 items(not all available, but you can click a link to see all items from international sales)
I nealr always use ebay.com as the listing fees a similar, but ebay.com you a get free gallery pictures, where ebay australia charges .59c.
As an Australian seller, listing on ebay.com, your item still appears in the normal ebay.com.au searches.
Hope this makes sense and helps

not just that... even with worldwide settings it'll net lower than ebay.com..

for example, i type koufos patch right now and 15 international hits in ebay.com.au
in ebay.com it's 26.. i reckon coz ebay.com.au prioritize its search locally and the algorithm with worldwide settings prolly doesn't search everything and just some amount of the total scope available in say ebay.com and the fact that ebay.com nets searches that ships toUS which is more than those that ship to Australia.. is it confusing? lol i got confused

Back
Top Bottom