Selling Cards on Aussie Ebay

tctech

The Man To See
Real Name
Tom
Hey Guys,

I was wondering if I could still get a good price for my cards on the australian ebay site, because it doesnt seem there is much demand for basetball cards in Australia. Also I won't be offering paypal due to the issues involved with it.

Any replies would be much appreciated.

There is nothing hard about paypal , just do it and if you arent a shifty bastard who swindles money then you wont have a problem

I heard there are a lot of problems with buyers doing chargebacks on sellers for no reason. The byer first receives the goods then does a chargeback, even with seller protection paypal doesnt protect sellers from these scammers. Read the disussion forums on ebay about this, and also other forums regarding paypal on google.

just send registered mail and you will be right, coz you will have proof it was received....

tctech said:
I heard there are a lot of problems with buyers doing chargebacks on sellers for no reason. The byer first receives the goods then does a chargeback, even with seller protection paypal doesnt protect sellers from these scammers. Read the disussion forums on ebay about this, and also other forums regarding paypal on google.

I've been selling for 5 years and have not had one chargeback or problem with Paypal....I have had to do a few myself for items legitimately not received.

Cool, so i guess these card traders on ebay are pretty honest. I've just read so many horror stories about paypal which really detered me from selling with it.

I was just wondering if 'air mail' parcel option to send to the US is registered or not?

how much would this be about? i cant find it on the auspost website, not for international mail anyway

oh sorry, reg is available for letters, not sure about parcels

but i believe a bubble mailer is classified as a letter right??

Lippo said:
oh sorry, reg is available for letters, not sure about parcels

but i believe a bubble mailer is classified as a letter right??

As long as the bubble mailer fits in their measuring slot which is 20mm, it will be considered still a letter.

Paypal is fine. Been using them for a year and a half, never had a chargeback... I guess some sellers are just using it as an excuse to be able to charge higher postage fee. :D

cool, im thinking about planning to sell my whole lot of cards in one auction so therefore it would be bigger than 20mm due to the protectors and covers, hence the parcel method.

What are you looking to sell...maybe you could offload some of it on here before you put it on the bay??

i live in the USA and sell alot on ebay under my older brothers account.He doesnt do sportscards,mainly action figures.HE WILL NOT accept anything but bank transfers through paypal as he is well aware of the scam artists that do the charge back fees.If someone pays with anything other than bank transfers through paypal he will deny it! Also for me to send something to any aussie with DC cost way to much,so you may not want to go that route.It cost about $5.00 just to send 1 card and thats getting there in 5-10 days without any insurace or dc!

Back
Top Bottom