Select Series 2

thanks what box do you suggest i should buy around $200.I was thinking pinnacle mainly because im really only after carlton cards?

thanks what box do you suggest i should buy around $200.I was thinking pinnacle mainly because im really only after carlton cards?

id go for a box of 04 ovation for around $200
inserts include
kouta/ratten dual captain sig
waite top prospect sig
2 x carlton premiership commemorative cards
3 x carlton rising star cards
andrew mckay B&F
carlton heritage guernsey card

but pinnacle is ok for carlton supporters, judd & fev all aust, carlton predictor, yarren dps, joseph rookie sensation & judd captain sig. but dont forget, 09 had dodgy scratched signatures on nearly all draft pick sigs.

upto you really mate which way you go.

what do you mean?

if you mean the scratched sigs in pinnacle i mean just that, the packing machine has scratched 80% of draft pick sigs, not the card, just the signature on it. usually a thin line down the middle of the sig, its worse on some and not so bad on others. i didnt buy too much pinnacle because of this reason. i might be a little out with my figures but it would have to be close to 80% of them.

thanks for the heads up. ill have to think about it now was gonna buy a box on sat, but if thats the reason its hard to justify it

i think Select are trying anto replace sig cards if your not happy but id be thinking Select are getting very low on replacements and will be sending the returned ones out again soon. dont let me stop ya from buying mate, and some sigs you cant even tell its scratched. talk to other collectors who have brought pinnacle as i didnt really rate it much anyway.

^^ As above dont rate them at all!
Bought 2 boxes first up, had i known the sig problem wouldnt have bought 1.

But as said, if after Carlton cards its not a bad box for you. But just look at it that for that $200 you could buy seperatlythej udd & fev all aust, carlton predictor, yarren dps, joseph rookie sensation with money left over. And you can see what the sigs are like....

But i do enjoy box busting tho also :p

thats a good point i have the all australian cards but not the other 3 main ones. what box series do you recommend

Its tough.. If i was you id wait for the new ones to arrive.
That way when the rush is one you can sell if u dont like what you get as now its a bit harder to sell the 09 cards for what there worth etc

yOU COULD ALWAYS USE THE BIRTHDAY MONEY TOWARD THE CARLTON CARDS YOU NEVER GOT BACK TO ME ABOUT DOING A TRADE/SALE

true. my birthday is next week so im hoping ill be getting money. my gf gonna buy me a box and so if my parents so i hope i get some trades from that or i can sell the cards

the best are 2006 supreme and 2005 dynasty.

also very good ones are 2003 xl (crack at a guernsey card) and 2008 classic

2004 Conquest is good. :)

1. All Australia Team (22): 1: 8 Packs

2. Medal Winners (7): 1: 32 Packs

This Medal set (7) included 3 Tie Brownlow medal winners: Buckley, Ricciuto and Adam Goodes.

3. Team Of The Century Captains (12): 1: 32 Packs

One Of the most popular subset released features Team Of The Century Captains from 12 clubs.

4. 2004 Premiership Redemption card (1): 1: 500 Packs.

This Redemption card redeem the 2004 Port Adelaide Premiership Mini Collection (3 cards).

5. AFL/VFL Commemorative Cards (5): 1: 120 packs

6. Tribute Cards (3): 1: 180 Packs

600 cards each released paying tribute to the late of Jack Dyer, Bob Rose and Dick Reynolds.

7. Draft Pick signatures (16): 1: 36 Packs

8. Game Breaker Game Worn Guernsey Redemption (3): 1: 560 Packs

200 numbered cards each released features a piece of the game worn guernsey worn by AFL Stars: Chris Tarrant, Jonathan Brown and Matthew Pavlich.

9. Game Worn Guernsey Signature Redemptions (3): 1: 1116 Packs

100 numbered cards each. Game Worn Guernsey card with signature. Chris Tarrant, Jonathan Brown and Matthew Pavlich.

10. Brownlow Medal Signatures (3): 1: 1116 Packs

100 numbered cards each: Adam Goodes, Mark Ricciuto and Nathan Buckley.

11. Triple Crown Signatures (2): 1: 1674 Packs

Premiership Captain Michael Voss and Triple Coleman Medalist Matthew Lloyd. 100 cards each.

12. Brownlow Triple Signature Redemption(50): 1: 6696 Packs.

50 cards only. 3 Brownlow Medalist Goodes, Ricciuto and Buckley signed on one card. ULTRA RARE.

:thumbsup:

thanks so many options.

I gonna buy two different boxes. i found out my gf is gonna get me one as well

Id go Pinnacle.

Best draft since 2006. Just looks at the draft pick sigs
NicNat 100+
Watts (Absolute hack) 80 +
Hurley 80+
Rich 80+
Sidebottom 80+

Yes there may be some scractches on the sigs but that doesnt lower the value imo. There are scractches on nearly 80% of the cards therefore not a big deal.
Also the set looks amazing.

2004 Conquest is good. :)

1. All Australia Team (22): 1: 8 Packs

2. Medal Winners (7): 1: 32 Packs

This Medal set (7) included 3 Tie Brownlow medal winners: Buckley, Ricciuto and Adam Goodes.

3. Team Of The Century Captains (12): 1: 32 Packs

One Of the most popular subset released features Team Of The Century Captains from 12 clubs.

4. 2004 Premiership Redemption card (1): 1: 500 Packs.

This Redemption card redeem the 2004 Port Adelaide Premiership Mini Collection (3 cards).

5. AFL/VFL Commemorative Cards (5): 1: 120 packs

6. Tribute Cards (3): 1: 180 Packs

600 cards each released paying tribute to the late of Jack Dyer, Bob Rose and Dick Reynolds.

7. Draft Pick signatures (16): 1: 36 Packs

8. Game Breaker Game Worn Guernsey Redemption (3): 1: 560 Packs

200 numbered cards each released features a piece of the game worn guernsey worn by AFL Stars: Chris Tarrant, Jonathan Brown and Matthew Pavlich.

9. Game Worn Guernsey Signature Redemptions (3): 1: 1116 Packs

100 numbered cards each. Game Worn Guernsey card with signature. Chris Tarrant, Jonathan Brown and Matthew Pavlich.

10. Brownlow Medal Signatures (3): 1: 1116 Packs

100 numbered cards each: Adam Goodes, Mark Ricciuto and Nathan Buckley.

11. Triple Crown Signatures (2): 1: 1674 Packs

Premiership Captain Michael Voss and Triple Coleman Medalist Matthew Lloyd. 100 cards each.

12. Brownlow Triple Signature Redemption(50): 1: 6696 Packs.

50 cards only. 3 Brownlow Medalist Goodes, Ricciuto and Buckley signed on one card. ULTRA RARE.

:thumbsup:

most of the draft signatures are duds though except..
THE COOOOON DOG :thumbsup:

Id go Pinnacle.

Best draft since 2006. Just looks at the draft pick sigs
NicNat 100+
Watts (Absolute hack) 80 +
Hurley 80+
Rich 80+
Sidebottom 80+

Yes there may be some scractches on the sigs but that doesnt lower the value imo. There are scractches on nearly 80% of the cards therefore not a big deal.
Also the set looks amazing.

Agreed! :thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom