Select 'Retirement' Set

I hear ya @ShueyGaffDarlingNat, i to am going broke fast. Hopefully that's all for this week.
So sad to see Sam Mitchell in Eagles colours for this card but it was always going to be the way. I actually contacted Hawthorn when Mitchell and Cotchin were awarded the Brownlows earlier in the year about memorabilia for Mitch but was told they wouldn't be releasing any. They didn't tell me why but would assume it's due to some legal thing as he was a contracted player with another club, and same would apply here i guess. Just really glad they did the 300 game case card last year.
I read that Mitchell is attending there BnF for a proper send off to a true champ, respect goes to the Hawks for this.

No doubt Select is being kept busy......an Under 22 set is next up and also Future Force with 3 levels of signatures.....plus all of these retirements and hilite cards.....must be raking it in.

No doubt Select is being kept busy......an Under 22 set is next up and also Future Force with 3 levels of signatures.....plus all of these retirements and hilite cards.....must be raking it in.
3 Levels of signatures for future force?
The release date must not be far off given that the draft is November

I'm fine with them raking it in - so long as they use this money to create high-quality cards and series. That's what I'm hoping for anyway!

Anyway, I'm off to contribute another $45 to their funds. My poor wallet :(

So no retirees cards released this week, just the 2 finals cards from Monday. And the 3 Eagles cards ordered on Wednesday last week still haven't been shipped. Wonder if there's a hold up at the printers.

Didn't select say on FB that they were going on leave for a couple of weeks?

Could have sworn that was the case

I have been waiting for cards too.
Surely they will continue the retirees, it will be a poor effort by select if they just take the cash and run.!!!

So the last 4 retirees cards have been released today, Lonergan, Mackie, Steve J and Scott Thompson. Will be nice to have some money to myself again and be able to finish Certified sets and save for other things. I wont be collecting the full set if Select do these next year, I'll just grab any Hawks ones. By releasing so many after we all thought one a week is manageable i have a feeling the numbers purchased next year if done again will be a lot lower than this year. People wont fall for this again i wouldn't have thought.

So the last 4 retirees cards have been released today, Lonergan, Mackie, Steve J and Scott Thompson. Will be nice to have some money to myself again and be able to finish Certified sets and save for other things. I wont be collecting the full set if Select do these next year, I'll just grab any Hawks ones. By releasing so many after we all thought one a week is manageable i have a feeling the numbers purchased next year if done again will be a lot lower than this year. People wont fall for this again i wouldn't have thought.

Interesting to see how these cards have gone in the US........ at $10 per card.

upload_2017-10-4_18-38-5.png

Even on a smaller scale, no way Select gets rid of these next year.......lots of additional revenue for not much cost.

Look for other local manufacturers to follow suit!

Cheers
Matt

Select are back from their break now but I still haven't got the email to say the Eagles retiree cards have been sent. I'm guessing that's the same for everyone else? Hopefully they'll get them in the post soon.

Hey Scotty_wce
i havent received the email or cards yet, i am waiting on the mitchell hawks one. :p
ps. do you think select will offer a refund on the hodge retiree card? :(

Back
Top Bottom