Select 'Retirement' Set

21272551_10154753691947377_4411027778936330045_n.jpg
21317964_10154753692077377_937447910427769398_n.jpg
Hodge and Gibson tomorrow I believe.

I wonder how many of the Eagles they will do. I'm guessing they're doing the clubs out of the finals first in case players decide to retire after the finals campaign.

So far for my club we have

M. Priddis
S. Mitchell
D. Petrie
S. Butler

Possibly J.Hill and M.LeCras to follow. If i was to guess Hill will be forced into retirement and Lecca will get a one year contract.

Giving the way there releasing so many hilties wouldn't shock me if they did multiclub retirement players at the end of the set (something along the lines with what they did with Mitchell from Hawks in Rd 23)

In saying that Saints retirements ordered :thumbsup:

Giving the way there releasing so many hilties wouldn't shock me if they did multiclub retirement players at the end of the set (something along the lines with what they did with Mitchell from Hawks in Rd 23)

In saying that Saints retirements ordered :thumbsup:

They might but i would guess it's due to licensing similar to the 300 game case cards. You get the player in the team he was with when he played game 300 or retired.

Time will tell but i'm fully expecting it will be in Eagles colours.

Another 3 released today, Watson, Kelly and Stanton for Essendon. This on top of 4 finials ones released 2 days ago. A little over kill if you ask me. We all started collecting these thinking it was going to be one per week which was easily affordable. I'm struggling to afford them all at this rate but cant stop now, too close to having the full set. Thank god only 2 games of footy this week and not 4 like last weekend.

Another 3 released today, Watson, Kelly and Stanton for Essendon. This on top of 4 finials ones released 2 days ago. A little over kill if you ask me. We all started collecting these thinking it was going to be one per week which was easily affordable. I'm struggling to afford them all at this rate but cant stop now, too close to having the full set. Thank god only 2 games of footy this week and not 4 like last weekend.
Agree with you on this, at some point the average collect has to bow out given the cost, but do like the initial idea from select though

Agree with you on this, at some point the average collect has to bow out given the cost, but do like the initial idea from select though

The initial idea was awesome. I've got the whole set so far and started because the concept was new and affordable. Now it seems like anything else, if it seems to be popular then it gets over produced and the market is all of a sudden flooded. In a bit over 2 weeks we have seen 13 released.

AND THEY KEEP ON COMING, 3 ESSENDON RETIREES TODAY, THIS IS GETTING RIDICULOUS, ITS GOING TO BE A 100 CARD SET !!!!

RETIREES SET - ESSENDON AVAILABLE FOR NEXT 48 HOURS ONLY!

Our next 2 Select Hilites 2017 Retirees cards featuring Essendon Football Club Legends Jobe Watson, James Kelly and Brent Stanton are on sale now and only available for the next 48 hours.

21751962_10154769644607377_1773486933737436548_n.jpg

21740525_10154769645582377_9008465980857746925_n.jpg

21743378_10154769645672377_8127437085608095423_n.jpg

I missed the boat with the retirees lot so I'm just sticking with the game hilite and the finals hilite cards

I hear ya @ShueyGaffDarlingNat, i to am going broke fast. Hopefully that's all for this week.
So sad to see Sam Mitchell in Eagles colours for this card but it was always going to be the way. I actually contacted Hawthorn when Mitchell and Cotchin were awarded the Brownlows earlier in the year about memorabilia for Mitch but was told they wouldn't be releasing any. They didn't tell me why but would assume it's due to some legal thing as he was a contracted player with another club, and same would apply here i guess. Just really glad they did the 300 game case card last year.

I hear ya @ShueyGaffDarlingNat, i to am going broke fast. Hopefully that's all for this week.
So sad to see Sam Mitchell in Eagles colours for this card but it was always going to be the way. I actually contacted Hawthorn when Mitchell and Cotchin were awarded the Brownlows earlier in the year about memorabilia for Mitch but was told they wouldn't be releasing any. They didn't tell me why but would assume it's due to some legal thing as he was a contracted player with another club, and same would apply here i guess. Just really glad they did the 300 game case card last year.

I think you're right Darren however now he is retired hopefully you will see some form of Brownlow memorabilia available. Hopefully Select make a Brownlow signature one day for both Sammy and Trent.

On another side note i acquired my first Sam Mitchell signature just the other day. I went with the Top Prospects signature and i must say i'm loving the card irrespective of the team colours. He has a pretty nice signature. 60.00 delivered too. I think i snagged a bargain.

Now you get to add some royal blue to that collection. ;)

it just doesn't look right seeing mitch in a west coast guernsey, but i bought a couple of cards anyway. it is that kind of awkwardness, that reminds me of a joke a mate told me when i was into motorcycling and touring with him. he owned a bmw motorcycle(which didnt have that greater a reputation back then). he said riding a bmw is like scr*w**g your sister, it might feel alright but you dont want anyone to see you on it. lol. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom