Select or Teamcoach 2011

Jack09

Teamcoach Collector
Real Name
Jack
eBay User
Strikerone05
Hey guys,

Just a quick question whether i should buy a box of Teamcoach cards or a box of select cards.

Im looking for cards that will give me the most money back if i were to sell it.
To put it in easier terms, the brand that has more rare cards

and does anyone know how much a box of teamcoach and a box of select will roughly be this year and when they will be released.

Thanks Jack

Id say teamcoach has the potential to get the most money back...

Select does have the rarer cards though in the way of signatures, but they are not in every box.

Teamcoach is terrible, go with Select.

Only way you would get your money back on teamcoach is if you got a really good Wildcard like a Carlton or Collingwood player.

Teamcoach is terrible, go with Select.

What do you base that comment on, Brandon?

My experience is the opposite.

Team Coach parallels draw $1+ (silver) and $2+ (gold) for years after their release.

Some golds from recent years go for up to $20 each.

The Champions parallels -- holos or DCGs -- are virtually worthless within a year. Many people consider them a gimmick.

Last year's super star gems are already lucky to get $15, whereas star and magic wilds cannot be bought for under $20.

The one area Select has Team Coach covered is draft rookies, which I enjoy collecting and seem to hold their value.

But box for box, Team Coach holds a better likelihood of generating more money.

Here's a good example: a Pendlebury star wild from last year's series cannot be bought on eBay for less than $50.

But already you can buy on pre-sale a Pendlebury gem from this year's Champions series for $25!

For me, it's a no-brainer. Team Coach holds its value much better than the Champs.

Cheers,

Glenn

What do you base that comment on, Brandon?

My experience is the opposite.

Team Coach parallels draw $1+ (silver) and $2+ (gold) for years after their release.

Some golds from recent years go for up to $20 each.

The Champions parallels -- holos or DCGs -- are virtually worthless within a year. Many people consider them a gimmick.

Last year's super star gems are already lucky to get $15, whereas star and magic wilds cannot be bought for under $20.

The one area Select has Team Coach covered is draft rookies, which I enjoy collecting and seem to hold their value.

But box for box, Team Coach holds a better likelihood of generating more money.

Here's a good example: a Pendlebury star wild from last year's series cannot be bought on eBay for less than $50.

But already you can buy on pre-sale a Pendlebury gem from this year's Champions series for $25!

For me, it's a no-brainer. Team Coach holds its value much better than the Champs.

Cheers,

Glenn

Couldnt agree more!! Not to mention you can get $30 for a common set of teamcoach and select you cant give them away!!

on what are the prices based on the wildcards you can pick up for under $10 in a lot of cases unless judd,franklin etc the golds ,silvers are cheap to.only way if you want to make most of what you paid would be select and only in early part of release .once afl been out for a bit prices drop big time only series that seems to hold there value is the nrl maybe cause its not as pushed as afl but as example sketch cards afl go now under $5 easy rugby sketch still sell above that easy

Back
Top Bottom