Select Optimum 2021

I’m interested to hear what sealed boxes you have, you could be sitting on a fortune
Gonna derail the thread here but you asked :)

My favourite stuff is the 90's NBA. Favourite box is the sealed fleer metal 96-97 series 2.

I bought at about $500 in 2019 as a Kobe rookie chase, as I didn't have anything of him and I loved those cards as a kid. Life got in the way and I never opened. I don't the know the current market but last time i checked a few thousand wasnt out of the question. Seems to be a rare box to find sealed. I think the precious metal Kobe sells for big big bucks (very long odds though to pull).

IMG_2367.jpg

Other boxes packed away. Some aren't bank breakers but I bought before the big boom early 2020 so have just held since.

1993-94 Fleer Ultra - Jordan Scoring Kings insert chase (Which I did actually pull from a second box I opened last year. My favourite pc card)
1992-93 Fleer Ultra series 1 and 2 - Shaq rookies and jordan base + insert chases.
1992-93 Upper Deck series 1 - jordan chasing
1993-94 Skybox - Jordan Centre Stage insert chase (can'y find a pic of it. Packed away currently)

IMG_2346.jpg
IMG_2334.jpg

*don't mock my carpet

Have modern NBA also (prizm, hoops, donruss optic, encased, obsidian) but do intend to rip some of this.

AFL wise I have a prestige 2021, prestige 2010 (dusty rookie chase) and a couple of footy stars (2018,2019,2021) not opened - BUT i do plan to open all but the prestige 2021.

Apologies for thread diversion - I get carried away.

Obviously had no idea Kobe wouldnt be around forever when I purchased.

That one will definitely be a hand down to the kids I think. Could never open, could never sell (I don't think)
I never had any foresight to buy anything like this.

Had ample opportunity but drifted out of cards for years.

If any of us had foresight we would be millionaires by now. I got lucky 100% - zero planning. I was going to break it and just chase some Kobe for pc. When the box actually got deliverd (from the US) my wife took the parcel and put it in a room I rarely go into to. I realised after a while I hadnt seen it and starting chasing up with the seller / ebay etc as it had said delivered. Wife denied seeing it (just didnt realise). Several weeks / months passed. I found it (embaressed), market had started to move.. figured I would watch what happens and yea.. Kobe... market.. here we are. 100% luck.

Only problem would be what if a player moves clubs with a delayed release.

Yes that could be an issue with delayed release, we have already seen Cerra requests trade and he would’ve been a chance to feature in the series (maybe even a franchise future signature if that concept was continuing)

The first Supremacy releases included players who were already halfway out the door at their current club (Jacobs, Ryder and Lewis Taylor from the booklets alone) so I don't think it's an issue.

Presumably Supremacy 2.0 would be quite early in 2022 as I couldn't see it being released at the same time as Footy Stars.

The first Supremacy releases included players who were already halfway out the door at their current club (Jacobs, Ryder and Lewis Taylor from the booklets alone) so I don't think it's an issue.

Presumably Supremacy 2.0 would be quite early in 2022 as I couldn't see it being released at the same time as Footy Stars.
Having lewis taylor in the set at all was a mistake from the start haha

Back
Top Bottom