Select Legacy - Players Edition cards

crows2010

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Tex
Seen a few of these on eBay, looks like Select are now doing a 'players edition' stamp on cards, rather than just not being numbered. I have seen it on some of the HOF cards from this release.

Few out in the public domain already!

Interesting subset, where are they from?

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

The way these cards work is, every player who gets in the hall of fame in this series receives a full set of hall of fame cards, which are called player edition. So either select printed extra and placed them in the packs or some players didnt want there set so select decided to place them in the packs rather then destroying them.

That's what i heard too Charlie. It is a similar think when the rookies sign the draft pick cards. When players signed cards for Select in prior years the players would keep a few favourite numbers for themselves. So select printed an extra 10 cards per player with the words "PLAYER" stamped in gold where the gold number would normally be. A few years back James Sicily sent his "PLAYER" signed cards back with the numbered ones and they got inserted into packs. One of his "PLAYER" cards sold for over $350 on feebay. They still do the same now as i know a guy who got the "PLAYER" Brendan Goddard 300 game cards given to him by Brendan at training because he didn't want them. So yes there may well only be 36 sets out there? But knowing select there are bound to be more out there.

Having seen first hand some print runs for cards, I know that for some signature cards numbered to around 150-200, it wasnt uncommon to have anywhere from 250-400 cards made and signed. The cards then get numbered to their print run and the rest - some are given to players, put in storage, destroyed....even used as promos etc.

I have seen one player sign cards on the condition he got 25 spares of his signature card for family and friends....all "player" editions.

If Select has supposedly put 36 of these cards into the product, expect a heap more to be in storage or still on uncut sheets,.

That's what i heard too Charlie. It is a similar think when the rookies sign the draft pick cards. When players signed cards for Select in prior years the players would keep a few favourite numbers for themselves. So select printed an extra 10 cards per player with the words "PLAYER" stamped in gold where the gold number would normally be. A few years back James Sicily sent his "PLAYER" signed cards back with the numbered ones and they got inserted into packs. One of his "PLAYER" cards sold for over $350 on feebay. They still do the same now as i know a guy who got the "PLAYER" Brendan Goddard 300 game cards given to him by Brendan at training because he didn't want them. So yes there may well only be 36 sets out there? But knowing select there are bound to be more out there.

I’ve got the player edition sig card of Goddard from 2017 Certified, but don’t believe he received the 300 game player edition case card this year (?) as I gave him a numbered one for his PC. I know players get player edition cards for signature cards and HOF, not sure about other inserts.

Just opened two boxes from the case break,

All the hof cards had players edition on the bottom.....

Guessing its an error and all hof cards are like this.

I bought a set of hof players edition cards last night for $100. :sick:

So i wouldnt buy these cards on ebay

Just opened two boxes from the case break,

All the hof cards had players edition on the bottom.....

Guessing its an error and all hof cards are like this.

I bought a set of hof players edition cards last night for $100. :sick:

So i wouldnt buy these cards on ebay

No, all HOF cards are not like that. I've checked mine and they don't have player edition on the back. As mentioned above rumour was there are 34 or so sets of player edition cards printed, seems to be a lot more than that though.

Hi @richo01
did you get any common hall of fame that didnt have the black wording "player edition" on them?
also if you have the crawford hall of fame player edition @BLOWN8 and i would like to grab on off you.
thx
jimmy

na they all had "players edition" on them. will have to see how the rest of the case turns out. Currently listing them on ebay now for 5 bucks each

I would say there is lots of sets with player edition on them, maybe the ones without are the rarer ones. All mine have player edition on them.

just opened a box from the same case share and yes, all HoF cards were player edition.

If anyone has a set at a reasonable price pm me please.

I wonder if I had any and sold them without knowing. I sold dozens of sets.

Back
Top Bottom