footycard

Banned User
Real Name
Ben
eBay User
footycard
This wekend will be the longest one for a while, waiting for them boxes
to go through the postal system :(

So, to counter that, I'm going in and buying a box off the shelf, I can't wait much longer so I'm going in to wang's friday morning straight after work for a fix.
Normally I don't like to buy from busted cases but I've had a great run of luck from card zone believe it or not :eek:

in 2004 I was driving around town in a truck, going down victoria st I thought I might stop into card zone and buy a few packs of the new 2004 cards that came out, so I double parked, put the hazzards on and went in, had a little yarn with steve as I'd been out of the hobby a bit, asked for 4 packs and for some reason I thought, nah, bugger it, give me a box dude.

jumped back in the truck, turned left towards sudney road and started to bust the box, it's not easy to chage through gears in a truck, dodging cars and all when your trying to carefully open packs! :thumbsup:

anyways, about half way up sydney road I got to about pack 6, almost side-swiped a group of cars and could of ended up driving through a kebab shop when I pulled a redemption card! It was the brownlow triple signature of goodes-buckley-ricciutto! only 50 of 'em.

So since then, I still don't buy from retail outlets much, nor from opened cases but I do feel confident at least that you do have a fair chance at card zone and the boxes are not sifted.
So 4 years later, I'm going back for a box, I don't expect more than the odds, But will be fun and I know I have a chance for an extra $10 whereas the eBay stuff there's very little chance I reckon.

anyways.. friday I will have a box to bust and collate, can't wait! :thumbsup:
I might do a live box break for the ones that are waiting for the boxes to arrive on monday :)

Wow thats extremely lucky, I have purchased probably some where around 40+ boxes from cardzone and have only ever pulled 1 redemption card, which was a Michael Voss Leigh Matthews Medal redemption, the odds for the series I pulled it from where 1 per 6 boxes had a sig redemption in them and considering how many boxes I have opened I feel a little ripped off but I guess thats just the luck of the draw, thats why I prefer to purchase cases, just to ensure I get what I deserve :thumbsup:

It will be my first ever case (2 actually) this year, so I am really stocked. I will probably just get my 2 cases and try to find the 5 signature redemptions that I will still need after next weekend on Oztion... or eBay if I have to.

If anybody gets one that they dont need let me know because I will pay cash for them.

Back
Top Bottom