Select and its favoritism

I'd actually like to see a 'past players' signature release rather than the usual 'who is the best right now in our opinion' release..

Langer. Stuart. Ettingshausen. Sterling. Walters.

The list could go on.. But seriously...... Why not dabble back for signatures??.. And they would be high on collectors lists.

Good Idea but unfortunately good ideas are not appreciated by Select :)

I'd actually like to see a 'past players' signature release rather than the usual 'who is the best right now in our opinion' release..

Langer. Stuart. Ettingshausen. Sterling. Walters.

The list could go on.. But seriously...... Why not dabble back for signatures??.. And they would be high on collectors lists.

Taking a quick look at the list, do you think they based it on size of fan base/home crowd games in recent years??? Just a thought as Melbourne (although have had recent successes) are down the list and Broncs up the top as they top crowds.

imo there should be a few signature cards from each team like. maybe limit each to 500 so they arnt overly expensive.

Taking a quick look at the list, do you think they based it on size of fan base/home crowd games in recent years??? Just a thought as Melbourne (although have had recent successes) are down the list and Broncs up the top as they top crowds.

HI everyone
Just wondering if the reason broncos have such good home ground attendance is that they give away a heap of tickets to there majour sponsors wich helps boost crowd figures. I work for ergon which used to be one of the majour sponsors and they always had free tickets for home games were you sat behind the goal posts. I used to go and support who ever was playing broncos (Bulldogs fan) sadly no free tickets anymore. Do other clubs do the same?
:):):):)

Alot of clubs do, i have had offers of free tickets to ANZ stadium, whether its Souths/Tigers/Parra/Dogs home game...
Clubs give sponsors free tickets to keep them happy, i assume the bigger the ground the more freebies....

HI everyone
Just wondering if the reason broncos have such good home ground attendance is that they give away a heap of tickets to there majour sponsors wich helps boost crowd figures. I work for ergon which used to be one of the majour sponsors and they always had free tickets for home games were you sat behind the goal posts. I used to go and support who ever was playing broncos (Bulldogs fan) sadly no free tickets anymore. Do other clubs do the same?
:):):):)

I think there is only one reason for the likes of sharks, raiders and warriors not getting top shelf signatures is that they have not performed and won premierships. Teams like storm, broncos etc have performed, are constantly in the top eight and get the cream of NRL/Select product......now I personally don't think that is right but success sells and marquee players draw crowds and sell product.

It should be based on where the collector dollars come from. Dogs, Roosters, Cowboys and Storm are not that popular in this hobby. Tigers, Eels, Manly, and Sharks collectors are deserving of much more than they are getting based on this.

im going to email select pleading for a gallen auto next series just for you justin and shane.

Hi Select.

i must say im impressed with the new set, especially base cards will be good for IP autos. however its easy to note some teams are missing out High End Card wise. i think its about time we had a sharks auto and i don't even follow the sharks. But i am a huge gallen fan, i would recommend a Gallen Case Card Auto /50 for the next series as he is approaching his 200th game. i know fellow other collectors who would reach deep into their pockets for this card aswell.

Sent a few mins ago.

I would love for them to shell out some cash to the NSWRL and get a State of Origin captains signature set.

Guess i will just keep dreaming though.......

I would love for them to shell out some cash to the NSWRL and get a State of Origin captains signature set.

Guess i will just keep dreaming though.......

That would be sweet, but it's too much of a good idea for Select to release.

Even if they did a set, say this year's two captains, and the player of the series. Signed, that is.

It'd be something a bit different.

Hell, even if they were unsigned, it'd be something a bit different!!!

How much would players be charging??

I suppose its more about what the NSWRL and QRL would require in payments also.

---------- Post added 30-06-2011 at 06:49 PM ----------

Wont be long before your told you have no idea re the Warriors not performing :)

Totally agree Michael, they are going great guns, historically that has not always been the case unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom