Select 2014 & 2015

Navy Blue Blood

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Matthew
Hello all, I've just signed up for the forum though I've been lurking for a little while. I used to collect AFL cards back in the mid-90's and have just started to get back into it...

My first target has been to go for the Carlton Best & Fairest cards (which seem to be universally numbered BF3) and I had a couple of questions I hoped might be best answered here.

I just received the two cards pictured below which I bought off e-bay and the first thing I noticed is that they are significantly thicker than the BF cards from either this year or last year which I have. Would I be right in thinking that all the cards from these series are similarly thick?

The sleeves they arrived in I haven't removed but the cards seem to be an uncomfortably tight fit inside them, would collectors here recommend a different sleeve than the standard ultra pro card sleeves or should I just get used to the very tight fit of the sleeves for these cards?

I also have my doubts about the toploaders that I've been using happily for the current series of cards and I'm wondering if anyone could recommend which 'point' toploader is the best fit for cards from these earlier series?

2014 BF3.jpg 2015 BF3.jpg

Hi mate,

Not all cards from those series' were that thick, and you can get sleeves made for thicker cards like these from ultra-pro.

55 point top loaders fit from memory.

Awesome thank you! Still haven't quite gotten my head around the variety of storage options compared to the way it was when I first collected lol

Back
Top Bottom