Season 2020 postponed

BLOWN8

Such is life!
Real Name
Darren
eBay User
dazza_1563
Discuss your thoughts here. My question is how will this effect Select series 2? How far along would Select be in organising series 2 at this stage?
Im going to be totally lost without footy 😭

Typically, set make-up would have started months ago and designs are already well under way. One of the major hurdles now is the lack of images. They're usually taken from the first month or so of the season.

I don’t reckon it will affect it at all. Worst case scenario, they will use pics from the end of last year. Realistically, people don’t know which game pics are taken from anyway. And as stated, series two would already be well advanced by now. Doesn’t affect any inserts except maybe getting sigs done whilst under quarantine or isolation.

I don’t reckon it will affect it at all. Worst case scenario, they will use pics from the end of last year. Realistically, people don’t know which game pics are taken from anyway. And as stated, series two would already be well advanced by now. Doesn’t affect any inserts except maybe getting sigs done whilst under quarantine or isolation.

Only issue I see is obtaining the signatures....... would just likely either send cards to players or offer redemption cards for the autos.

Possible delays in release but Michael is correct designs would have already been started.

What about sales? Does anyone think if there is no footy around time of release that the lack of enthusiasm might hurt sales? And also in these uncertain times people might not want to spend as much money on non necessities.

I have to agree here.... you are busy fighting people at the supermarket for Toilet Paper, are you really thinking about buying some Footy Stars?

What about sales? Does anyone think if there is no footy around time of release that the lack of enthusiasm might hurt sales? And also in these uncertain times people might not want to spend as much money on non necessities.
Ask the people collecting cricket cards through Tap N Play, think they can answer this more accurately for you (really felt for them as collectors in there spercific sport)

Ask the people collecting cricket cards through Tap N Play, think they can answer this more accurately for you (really felt for them as collectors in there spercific sport)

I am one of those people. And I would assume the hype around any sport drives sales. That’s my opinion, just wondering what others think.

Manufacturing may be an issue. Sales will probably be a slow burn, low sales early but pick up as collectors go back to work.

I have no doubt that due to the tough financial times ahead, less people will be willing to shell out $240 per box of series 2.
You hit it...everyone is in a different financial position, a section of the collecting community will buy with out thinking twice...a much larger pool of collectors will pull back and have to think twice.
Plus no footy is going to dampen the spirits of the release (fingers crossed the season resumes) but, highly unlikely.
paying bills and mortgage/rent is so much more important then collection more footy cards!
sad times

One thing we do know of to go ahead is the following:

Opposite captain signature and black dominance refractive cards for 9:9 clubs

If necessary captain signatures via redemption?

Perhaps draft pick and certified signatures redeemed also?

And yes I know the unique tradition of series 2 is to have photos of the actual season of the release (unlike series 1), perhaps they'll just have to compromise this year?

Also, will a concept called show stoppers gold replace high flyers?

(Exactly the same as top ends in series 1 only with gold foil instead of silver)

Plus a third parallel of same concept to be added like influential concept in 2017 above other two top ends

(With a platinum silver lining instead of gold and/or sterling silver)

Also, will a concept called show stoppers gold replace high flyers?

(Exactly the same as top ends in series 1 only with gold foil instead of silver)

Plus a third parallel of same concept to be added like influential concept in 2017 above other two top ends

(With a platinum silver lining instead of gold and/or sterling silver)

I don’t really want to get into what specifics we “might” or “might not” see in this release. We’ll leave that type of guess work to other threads. I more just wanted people opinions on how series 2 as a whole could be effected.

Ok mate I get it! It's a good question and won't ask any other questions. Will leave it for others to say now and keep rest to myself

Interesting day for 2020 footy stars cases to now be available online from the website

Unfortunately all this uncertainty and unease is going to impact all discretionary spend which includes cards...therefore flow into series 2 I feel 😔

Yeah unfortunately I think footy stars sales will halt to a stop and I can see some of the cards just being dumped unfortunately as people try to stay afloat. Series 2 is a hard one but If the lockdown get worse as expected and considering the release will be smack bang in the worst of it i reckon they will delay the release

I think the bigger question we should be asking is will Select still be in business after this ....Surely they won`t be classed as an essential service so eventually they would have to close like everyone else ...
Select don`t only do Trading cards so if other businesses are closed they also don`t have any work for there employers .....

100000`s of thousands of people are losing there jobs now so who will be able to afford to buy trading cards at all ?????

Back
Top Bottom