Scammer alert, advice needed

drobfan8

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Ben
Hi all.

Anyone got some advice on if I have a shot at keeping my money here?

Buyer offers on item.

I accept.

I post Express same day.

Buyer then wants me to cancel the order.

I say it has been sent already. I called the PO a couple of times but it took ages to get through. Figured I could refund the buyer if they wanted to down the line.

Buyer now claims I sent an empty top loader.

What a scumbag move.

Do I stand a chance?

Screenshot_20210501-051203_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20210501-051216_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20210501-051850_eBay.jpg

What a terrible thing to deal with , sorry to hear man.

Similar thing happened to me a few years ago, buyer opened a charge back as soon as I updated the tracking. In this instance, it was a lower value item and they took care of the loss. This was awhile ago and policies may have changed.

But unfortunately, he is claiming item not as described, from the eBay / PayPal perspective, he hasn't received what he has paid for.

When you respond to the dispute, do your best to highlight the events leading up to the dispute of him being difficult, wanting to cancel the order...etc, and your efforts in trying to help him in retrieving the package from the post office. If you also have evidence of the packaging process, that may help as well. If you are lucky and meet an understanding customer consultant, they may rule it as lost by theft and cover the loss, this will also depend on the value of the card. But in saying all that, you should be prepared for the worst case scenario, as this is eBay afterall! Regardless, if you haven't done so already, you should speak with eBay first to confirm the steps you should take.

Thanks Jkidd.

I've reported the buyer and hopefully they'll do something.

Otherwise I'm bailing on PayPal and getting a new bank account. Eff those guys too. They just held $1k of my money for 3 weeks.

Good grief.

In all seriousness. Given that the buyer has just 2 feedback you might be ok. I think ebay have started to ssee things more from the seller's perspective when it comes to sportscards. Hope you get a good result.

The buyer saying he didn't realise the card was coming from Australia is straight up BS

That sucks man.

I think there is a good chance ebay will side with you on this one based on your feedback scores. I'd emphasize that the declared value you noted on the customs declaration.

My best advice is try to not deal through email and messages with ebay, speak to them on the phone; preferably to the US side.

That sucks man.

I think there is a good chance ebay will side with you on this one based on your feedback scores. I'd emphasize that the declared value you noted on the customs declaration.

My best advice is try to not deal through email and messages with ebay, speak to them on the phone; preferably to the US side.

I'll give them a buzz. Defs need to talk to someone

@GarnettFan4Life Matt you got screwed when someone sent you a bunch of garbage right?

Yeah man, a loooong time ago, Paypal has changed different policies since then but I guess it's still the same ridiculous onus of proof of postage and ALL bloody info on the seller. They said my refund was a courtesy one time deal LOL

how much was the EXACT weight of the package you sent - ask paypal to get them to weight the EXACT package they have now - they might just be dumb and slip up and be slightly off and that will let paypal side with you?

Ah man that's shiiiiit - I sold an auction a couple of days ago to the winner in NZ, who then (before paying) messages me saying "Oh I didn't realise you were in Australia, I thought you were in the US. Can you please cancel?".

Obviously not the same thing, but the wrong location thing might just be the new flake's excuse.

That sucks man.

Since when did they reinstate the phone service? Live Chat has been the only thing I've been able to use for the last 12 months. Literally a waste of 40 hours of my life. Beyond frustrating.

Hate to hear this happening, unfortunately happens way to much!!
I have a similar situation for a Lebron RC, eBay sided with the buyer..........I don't like your chances, as I had video/photo proof of package sent, emails from delivery companies, weight of packages etc etc

Good luck !!

Hate to hear this happening, unfortunately happens way to much!!
I have a similar situation for a Lebron RC, eBay sided with the buyer..........I don't like your chances, as I had video/photo proof of package sent, emails from delivery companies, weight of packages etc etc

Good luck !!

Might have to be phase 2 for me.

Shut my bank account down and move on from PayPal.

wait to see what they come back with!
I shut down my PayPal aswell, they simply went and took it from all my accounts that I had previously linked.........literally need to start over!!
I am just now going through claims with credit cards/banks for them to retrieve the money eBay/paypal took

wait to see what they come back with!
I shut down my PayPal aswell, they simply went and took it from all my accounts that I had previously linked.........literally need to start over!!
I am just now going through claims with credit cards/banks for them to retrieve the money eBay/paypal took

Should get interesting.

How much did you get ripped for?

Back
Top Bottom