sayin hi from the new guy

ozguy3825

kobemania
Real Name
Andrew
eBay User
parr2004
Gday guys, i've been collecting since 92 but stopped after a few years. I live in a smallish country town and good cards bacome hard to come across. I then ended up buying a box off ebay and got back into it again. Now the hardest thing is picking which player to collect.

gday mate, welcome. i know what you mean, i went through about 10 different players before i settled on what i collect now. theres some great players that nobody on here really collects: arenas, marion, and a lot of the old school players etc

try and find a player who you really like and whose cards are not ridiculously popular/expensive (ie. your going to have a tough time fighting against all the other MJ/Bron/Wade collectors). good luck!

Welcome! Up untill a couple of years ago I was in the same position as you, then I moved to the big smoke ;) Whereabouts are you? Good luck with picking a player to collect, any thoughts? Do you still have cards from when you started collecting? Ok, enough questions..

welcome to this great site.take a good look through the threads and all of the different cards on this site and soon something or somebody will catch your attention.hope you enjoy yourself and have plenty of trades.
tony :D

Well in the pass couple of months i've grabbed myself mostly rc's couple of lebron, melo, bosh and kobe, I still have 30 or 40 or my jordans from years ago, i also still have about 60 pennys there. But i think i'll get rid of my pennys and might stick with melo or bosh.

i'm sitting down here in gippsland, victoria mate. Cards r dead down here now but i'm hoping to catch up with a few old mates and buy their collects because i know they have alot of older hard to find insert set that would be nice.

welcome mate :) What town are you from?

BOsh would be a good choice, doesnt get a lot of hobby love and is a damn good player

welcome to the forum buddy. There are heaps of great people here. I am in a similar boat to u, but be careful the site is very addictive ;) .

Yeah i dont doubt that mate, once i jumped on ebay i was hooked. I was thinking a little while back about collecting either baron davis or T mac. I didnt even get started with tmac and with baron and i got 01 02 inspirations dual hardwood imagery (davis/mashburn) then for some reason i gave up..lol

i recommend T-mac mate, hes really killing at at the moment, looks in great form. and no one collects him on here either, so youll probably have first dibs on all the tmac stuff.

not to mention that i used to collect him and ive got heaps of Jerseys and a few autos im looking to part with ;)

welcome to the boards, you will enjoy your time here if you really want to get back into nba card collecting again. Melo would be a great player to start collecting, but his rookie stuff is quite expensive.

G'Day there mate,Welcome to the forum.Hope you enjoy yourself here.
Happy Trading.

Welcome to the boards mate! When it comes to players collections, I would recomend someone who is still young, maybe a rc, who has potential, watch a few games and get an idea.

A rc would be cheaper and has less cards out there to keep up with. I started with J.R. Smith after watching him in a McDonalds game before getting drafted. Watched a few summer league games and was convinced he was the one! His rc's at the time weren't too expensive.

Whoever you choose, good luck with it and hopefully we all can help you out with your collection! :D

Welcome to the boards, I'm sure you'll enjoy your time here.

Best of luck with your new player collection (who ever you decide on).

Back
Top Bottom