same numbered signature series redemption sets

pommiealex

OzCardTrader
Real Name
alex
eBay User
moonoo10
Dear All
I wanted to pick your collective brains on the subject of signature series redemption card sets, when all the cards are the same number.
Its only i have the:
5 Steve Waugh futera decider signature series cards all the same number, these are all numbered of 0064

The select 97/98 signature cards , Norm O'Neil, Steve Waugh, Jason Gillespie, Neil Harvey, Mark Taylor and Ian Chappell, these are all number 60 of 100 (as well as the Mark Waugh and Glenn McGrath) see scan

also the set of 12 select 98-99 hobby ashes heroes are all redemeemed with the same number on the back, these are all of 120 of 150

does this make any difference?

also how about obtaining a signature on a limited released redemption card like the Adam Gilchrist topps memorablia card and i also managed to get Warney to sign the showtime redemption card from select. Was this a wise thing to do or not? Has this dereased their market value?

i would be very interested to hear anyone's view on this.

thanks
alex

Hi Alex,

I personally think that having the signature cards all the same number definitely increases there value - most people in my view would prefer the same number than random, however there are others who wouldn't really care and would be happy to just have the set regardless of the number. But given the choice I would pick the same number every time.

It is only my opinion, but I think you have erred getting the Gilly GU signed and the Warne showtime signed also. As a collector I would not buy a high-end insert card if it had been autographed after release, I think it ruins the card as it is no longer in the condition in which it was issued. I'm sure there would be some people who might still buy it.....but definitely not me!

Love the 97/98 set of sigs though....they look great together.

Cheers
Brad

Nice collection.

I agree with Brad about the common numbering. Having the same number will increase the value for those who realise that it's a relatively rare thing to achieve. So many redemption cards are redeemed one at a time, rather than as a set as you have done. And on the flip side there will be other collectors who wont care... they just want the card. In my personal opinion I think the common numbering is a good thing.

With the Gilly sig... I'll sit on the fence. Some people will like it, others won't. Your card seems to be a pretty clear sig which is a good thing.

If you decide the sig has devalued the card you can always remove it. Find an alcohol wipe (see a first aid kit) and wipe the signature off. Just be sure the wipe doesn't touch the sides of the card where there is no gloss to protect it.

All the best,

Ian

So if having matching numbers on your inserts increases their value, is there a greater increase still, if say, the numbers significant? For example all '001'
or '500/500'.
Or even '087' :p

Hi Alex,

I personally think that having the signature cards all the same number definitely increases there value - most people in my view would prefer the same number than random, however there are others who wouldn't really care and would be happy to just have the set regardless of the number. But given the choice I would pick the same number every time.

It is only my opinion, but I think you have erred getting the Gilly GU signed and the Warne showtime signed also. As a collector I would not buy a high-end insert card if it had been autographed after release, I think it ruins the card as it is no longer in the condition in which it was issued. I'm sure there would be some people who might still buy it.....but definitely not me!

Love the 97/98 set of sigs though....they look great together.

Cheers
Brad

Yup agreed with Brad on all counts!

Yeah! I second all of that well said! That 97/98 set is a cracker! And the Gilly GU is how Topps should have released it! Thanks for sharing :)

Back
Top Bottom