COMPLETED! Official All-Time Basketball Draft Thread #3

Ok! Done! @skip20

Only did the starters for the main stats;

stats.JPG

Things that stand out;

-Bosh only attempting 5 3's in the whole series
-All stats are diminished playing on such a talent loaded team - Mullin 7.72ppg? Na. Shaq would've been 30 & 15 for sure. A few anomalies with the minutes allocated etc. Surely Oakley would've even given more rebounds and Beal more PPG. It is what it is I guess!
-Shaq MVP

Ok! Done! @skip20

Only did the starters for the main stats;

Things that stand out;

-Bosh only attempting 5 3's in the whole series
-All stats are diminished playing on such a talent loaded team - Mullin 7.72ppg? Na. Shaq would've been 30 & 15 for sure. A few anomalies with the minutes allocated etc. Surely Oakley would've even given more rebounds and Beal more PPG. It is what it is I guess!
-Shaq MVP

YEAH, allocation of PT woudl be a major factor as is playing on a stacked squad. tried to not rely on too many big scorers and round out the squad defensively. Interesting how the historical guys were hitting 3 pointers too...

Do we think certain players don't have as big an impact in this simulation? eg players who are great off ball defense but don't have as many counting stats?
I'm keen for next time, just wondering the best way to build a team

Do we think certain players don't have as big an impact in this simulation? eg players who are great off ball defense but don't have as many counting stats?

I think we Should have 2 teams each - one to pick our best players to try and win the comp and the other to pick our favourite players and just see what happens.

One of my teams this time I went for a small ball design and the other I went for like a all time dark alley team. Pretty fun. If you’ve heard Bill Simmons and Jalen Rose do their all time dark alley draft it’s pretty cool.

Last edited:

My defensive guys still got their fair share of steals and blocks (see Eaton, Blaylock and A Robertson) but I think defensive guys who don;t show up in the stat sheets like Bruce Bowen woudl struggle to have an impact on a game based on stats.

I think we Should have 2 teams each - one to pick our best players to try and win the comp and the other to pick our favourite players and just see what happens.

One of my teams this time I went for a small ball design and the other I went for like a all time car alley team. Pretty fun. If you’ve heard Bill Simmons and Jalen Rose do their all time dark alley draft it’s pretty cool.

If there was some tangible way of grading that I;d definitely go for it - probably not too many bad true azzes these days though......... Metta and Alvin were a pretty good start for me though! Would rather have them in the trenches with you than against you! Laimbeer, Captain Jack, Chokey Spreewell anyone on the mid 90s Knicks, early 90s Pistons or whoever played 80s basketball - ahhhh those were the days!

Bored and seen the finals were up for the BO all time draft - who wants to see who won??

Hawks.JPG
Rockets.JPG

I gave Rockets home because they had way more votes in the conference finals polls.

Back
Top Bottom