tak35bne

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Dave
eBay User
tack35
COMC User
tak35bne
In my collecting travels I have picked up the odd promo here and there. One I got was from 1994 Series 1, it is a Scott Gourley (Dragons) card that was produced for the national trading card convention 8-9 Oct 94 and it is autographed.

Has anyone else seen these around?

Dave

PS - I will post pics shortly

IMG_0001.jpg
IMG_0002.jpg

I have the Scott Gourley and the Phantom, neither are signed

The Phantom I have is signed by Lee Falk the creator of the Phantom character. It came from his estate in the US. I got the Gourley from a retired dealer who collected that card already signed at the convention.

Reactions: bob
Hi Dave,

They were given out at a convention here in Sydney. I have attached scans of a few more that were also given out at the same convention plus an unsigned Gourley card.

The Lewis one was given away at the Phantom Zone (A comic store in Parramatta) around the same period.

Convention cards.jpg
Convention cards 2.jpg

Reactions: bob
I didn't ever know this promo card existed.

In Dan's bible he doesn't reference how many promo cards but shows a M Ridge from the same show. Are there more, 1 from each team maybe?

Thanks for putting it up.

Ross

Don't recall the Ridge card, however we are talking 20 years ago, so possibly out there. That said, I would have thought I would have grabbed a few if it was available.

Could have been one card per day (gourley one day, ridge the next), as show was over two days and I only attended one of the days.

I will check my promos and see if I do have anything else.

I didn't ever know this promo card existed.

In Dan's bible he doesn't reference how many promo cards but shows a M Ridge from the same show. Are there more, 1 from each team maybe?

Thanks for putting it up.

Ross
Hi Ross

The Scott Gourley and Matthew Ridge are the only 2 I have seen from the Convention + this promo card for the set
promo cards.jpg
promo cards01.jpg
promo cards.jpg
promo cards01.jpg

was there twin cards also as I see some in my travels and on E-bay.Has anybody got a spare Phantom that they would like to sell pm price

Back
Top Bottom