RIP St Kilda 2007

mattyj

Multi-Player Collector
Real Name
Matty
Well after the game tonight against the Swans (and the fade out last week that cost us a win) St Kilda's season is now all but over :(

Tonights display was really below par, our foot and hand skills were terrible to put it nicely, Ross Lyon has a LOT Of work to do this off season if we are to do any better next year

The worst offender tonight with skills, Xavier Clarke, i counted AT LEAST 7 times were he turned it over directly to the opposition, if he is not playing in the VFL next week i will be shocked and dissapointed with our selection process

and to make the loss tonight even worse, we appear to have lost one of our young guys who has been playing really well in Sam Gilbert with what looked to be a knee or broken leg, right at the same point of the season to when Goose Maguire broke his leg last year...BUGGER

oh well...theres always next year isnt there?

It's disappointing given that Hawthorn did St Kilda a favour with their win today. Brisbane will be salivating at that result. Hard luck buddy.

Bulldogs also lost 2nite, so theres still hope, but i cant see it happening, specially since we have to play West Coast & Fremantle in the last 3 games

yeah, that draw stuffed both saints and dogs up. if either team wouldve won, it wouldve given them a heap of confidence going into this weekend, but, both teams went down and are now probably out.

but as you said, theres always next year. well, thats what ive been saying about the blues for the past 3 years lol!

yeah, that draw stuffed both saints and dogs up. if either team wouldve won, it wouldve given them a heap of confidence going into this weekend, but, both teams went down and are now probably out.

but as you said, theres always next year. well, thats what ive been saying about the blues for the past 3 years lol!

Mate you should be saying "Just you wait mate in ten years we'll be kicking butt" cos that's being optimistic ;)

Looks like all the expert tipsters were wrong, and I was right for once :p You guys have to go younger in order to become sucessful. I feel that getting rid of Cain Ackland was the wrong decision big time. Now you are stuck with part time ruckmen (Kosi and Rix). With both Gardiner and Clarke unlikely to be with you next season. Picking up Clarke and Gardiner were horrible decisions IMO. So your ruck stocks desperately need replenishing.

I feel your midfield is a weak spot. No true pace at all in this lineup. This really hurts you guys big time. You need a flashy type that runs the lines to break up the opposition.

Your defense is very solid. Fisher(s), Gram, Goose, and Hudgton (Who I think should retire). I wouldn't touch this too much as I feel with a decent midfield your running defenders would improve immensely.

I know it's hard but please make Hamill, Harvey, Thompson, Gardiner, and Clarke retire. Recycling players that are 30+ hurt you in the future, you don't get enough time out of them, it is already beginning to show with the Saints.

They aren't gone yet. wouldn't say RIP this soon

But the Dockers-Saints game next week is definitely the last chance for both teams to have a run at that 8th spot.

Go dockers

Queston for ya Matty - Do you think the Saints with the current list they have got are gonna be a contender in the next 2 to 3 years?

Cos the way i see it is that you have too many passengers. Maybe trading X Clarke for some picks?... Cos your list is getting older and i think the chances of a flag are alomost over unless a rebuild takes place?

Queston for ya Matty - Do you think the Saints with the current list they have got are gonna be a contender in the next 2 to 3 years?

Cos the way i see it is that you have too many passengers. Maybe trading X Clarke for some picks?... Cos your list is getting older and i think the chances of a flag are alomost over unless a rebuild takes place?

Who'd want X Clarke? Has he ever been healthy for an entire season? Does he ever play defence??

St Kilda do need some fine tuning tho! But I wouldn't dare start on where to begin...

That Sam Gilbert is going to be a player i can tell you that much. The Xman and Milne have to be go at seasons end.
Problem i see at St Kilda is probally their best chance of getting to that last week in September has probally breezed by them already. 2-3 years ago they were a very dominate force that had bad luck in the finals and should of really got to the finals in one of those years. Now you have a preety old list and with not to many young prospects to look foward to develop.
Montagna, Hayes, Dal Santo, Riewoldt, Gilbert, Gram are the better players at St Kilda and alot of their 2nd tier players arent good enough. They also will have Harvey retire at seasons end and really should boot Gehrig and Milne out of that foward line because they are wastes imo.

I think they are a contender, theyve had a shocker of a year except reiwoldt. The g train needs to pull his head in , he should be kicking 70 + a year, if he does that they are just about top 4. Theyve also had a pretty bad run with injuries yeah?. Teams like the roos, hawks & cats are up top because weve had a good run. Losing good players for a decent amount of time even rattles west coast who looked unbeatable at the start of the year.

I think we have maybe 1 or 2 more years at it, like DEC said, we've had a shit year with injuries...

Gehrig is apparnetly going to retire end of the year, and same with Bangers...Apart from Those 2 and Andrew Thompson im not sure where you are getting we are old from Kyle? most are around 26ish that kinda age

If someone will give us draft picks for the 2 Clarke brothers, i'd take it and walk away laughing, THEY SUCK...both of them...If they are injured they are on the ground stinking it up, especially Raph...He has got to be the slowest person ever deciding what to do with the ball...He gets tackled so much with the ball in his hands its scary (when hes playing that is!)

Well after the game tonight against the Swans (and the fade out last week that cost us a win) St Kilda's season is now all but over :(

Tonights display was really below par, our foot and hand skills were terrible to put it nicely, Ross Lyon has a LOT Of work to do this off season if we are to do any better next year

The worst offender tonight with skills, Xavier Clarke, i counted AT LEAST 7 times were he turned it over directly to the opposition, if he is not playing in the VFL next week i will be shocked and dissapointed with our selection process

and to make the loss tonight even worse, we appear to have lost one of our young guys who has been playing really well in Sam Gilbert with what looked to be a knee or broken leg, right at the same point of the season to when Goose Maguire broke his leg last year...BUGGER

oh well...theres always next year isnt there?

If the Saints can win this weekend then they are still in with a chance.......I don't think it's over for then.......yet !

Back
Top Bottom