OzCardTrader
Real Name
Matthew
eBay User
theflyinggerco
COMC User
Gerco
Anderson-Richardsondualauto.jpg

Kenny Anderson and Micheal Ray Richardson, two New Jersey point guards who promised so much, yet delivered so little... Such a shame.

DavidThompsonAuto.jpg

Talking about talented yet troubled guards, David Thompson... Perhaps the most talented guard of the 1970s, a legendary ABA player, but also one of the most troubled.

ElginBaylorAuto.jpg

Remembered by this generation as the incredibly inept GM of the LA Clippers, but when he was a Minneapolis/LA Laker, this guy could flat out play; he was one of the first to play above the rim and averaged 27-13-4 for his career.

ZekeGU.jpg

Another guy remembered for his recent failures as a GM, rather than being the best player on 2 Detroit title teams. And of course scoring 15,000 points.

ZarkoPSA10.jpg

We all have our guilty pleasures, and The Smokin' Spur, Zarko Paspalj is mine; this is a PSA 10 of the very first card I pulled as a 6 year old, which pushed me toward being a Spurs fan. He was scouted by Gregg Popovich, when Pop was a lowly assistant to Larry Brown, which is strange as he described his game as 'only offense'.

NiqueSpursAuto.jpg

My Spurs fandom explains why when I grabbed a 'Nique auto I grabbed this one. Part of my "Icons in Other Uniforms" PC...

PatrickEwingSeattle-OrlandoGU.jpg

... which includes this bad boy; not only is it Ewing not in a Knicks uniform, but its two pieces of non-New York Ewing memorabilia.

PaytonMilwaukeeGU.jpg

...and this one too

BernardKingWashingtonBulletsGU.jpg

Bernard King is best known as a Knick, but unlike Payton's Milwaukee days and Ewing's stints in Orlando and Seattle, he still rocked when he was a Bullet, as he averaged 28ppg as a 34 year old in 1990-1991.

Now for the Mikan's...

Just a couple this mailday;

60.jpg

2003-04 Upper Deck Legends Legendary Signatures
An on card, rather than cut, auto.

I've tried to get one of these for quite a long time and finally got one. Beautiful on card auto, a real gem.

and another old Mikan card
7.jpg

A 1951 Wheaties Box
This box is in mint condition, and a real beauty. Amazing to think a cereal box could be in such great condition after 60 years!

and now for some real old school basketball ;)

The first card, from the very first basketball set
Bowman1.jpg

#1-Ernie Calverley of the Providence Steamrollers.

I didn't know much about Calverley before I picked up this card, so I jumped online and got educated: He was in the 2nd All-BAA team in 1946-1947 and in the first two years of the BAA/NBA, he led the league in assists, after being the leading scorer in the NCAA in 1944; he's the only guy to lead the NCAA in scoring and the BAA/NBA in assists.

Before we all stand amazed, he averaged 3.4apg and 2.5apg when he won the assists titles!

Bowman34.jpg

#34-Joe Fulks of the Philadelphia Warriors

While Calverley led the BAA in assists with a paltry 3.4apg, 'Jumping Joe' Fulks won the scoring title with a healthy 23.2ppg; the Warriors averaged just 69ppg that year, so Fulks scored over 33% of the Warriors points... On 30% shooting. He scored plenty and shot even more, yet his team won the first BAA title.

That's all folks, enjoy!

There are some amazing cards in that mailday. I agree there is something appealing about franchise players wearing odd uni's, and seeing that Ewing in the sonics jersey is just odd. love the design of the star signatures and the autographics is may fav. Love the old additions as well. Plenty of history there!

Icons in other uniforms - like the concept! Haven't seen Paspalj before so must be one of the SPs. Nice old school autos but the on-card Mikan is the pick of the bunch! Those Bowmans are in pretty good nick too and among the more pricey ones too - I bet that Joe Fulks cost a bit!

Mikan is a really cool card, i've watched it a few times but couldnt justify buying it ahead of PC stuff! my favourite is definately the ZARKO!! Gives hope to all white guys with slender legs haha

The only thing I enjoy more than the cards you put in your maildays..... is the Basketball lesson that goes with them!!!

Thanks for sharing mate!

What an enjoyable journey that was. Love the Ewing dual jersey and the Stats on the old school guys. Playing on the same team as Fulks must have been horrible :lol:

PS, does Kenny Anderson still coach that basketball/Trampoline game (I remember seeing that quite some time ago)

Back
Top Bottom