Rate the last movie you watched

Terminator: Dark Fate - 4/10. pretty dodgy. plot holes all over the shop and the way they dispatched john was pathetic. would have been better without any of the old cast (sarah and T800) aswell, but it was just a weak movie overall. worst part was the total lack of explanation of what exactly the new terminator is...very lazy writing. basically its a 2hour chase scene.
Uncut Gems - 6/10. - sandler and KG do alright, and the story is kinda interesting but drags on a bit.

Last edited:
saw this last night. 6/10 for me. not bad, but nothing special. KG does alright and sandler ups his game a bit. it felt way too long tho and sandlers character is so annoying you dont really care what happens to him.

Seen and agree exactly with what you said mate, shocking end but didn’t feel attached at all. 4.5/10

Dark Water - 6/10. interesting/tragic story, about the early dangers involved in teflon. story felt disjointed tho and somehow seemed slow and rushed at the same time.
Jack of All Trades - 2/10. starts off by looking into the over-manufacturing of baseball cards in the 80s/90s and the companies' motives etc. but pretty early on the main dude ditches his search into that and it turns into a personal journey about his dad, who owned a card shop, left when he was young and it effected blah, blah, blah.
Train to Busan - 5/10. korean zombie horror. mediocre movie, but gets a bit extra for not relying (heavily) on CGI.
Killer Inside: The Mind of Aaron Hernandez - 6/10. if it was trying to show me the relation to his case and CTE, it didnt do itself any favors.

Amélie (2001) : 8/10
Stars: Mostly french actors
Synopsis: Amélie is an innocent and naive girl in Paris with her own sense of justice. She decides to help those around her and, along the way, discovers love.
Preview:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUECWi5pX7o

Saw this on SBS World Movies. I loved it. It was a very enthralling and entertaining movie from start to finish.
Highly recommend. NOTE: all french speaking with subtitles.

The Skin I live In (2011) : 5/10
Stars: Anotnio Banderas, Alena Anaya.
Synopsis: A brilliant plastic surgeon, haunted by past tragedies, creates a type of synthetic skin that withstands any kind of damage. His guinea pig: a mysterious and volatile woman who holds the key to his obsession.
Preview:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PavJUoZNT7g

What starts out as an intriging movie about a plastic surgeon, slowly turns into a twisted thriller. I felt a little disturbed after watching it. lol

the way back - 4/10. maybe the most cliche' ridden sports film iver ever seen. would be average if it was based on a true story, and even tho its going for that feel, its not.
spenser confidential - 4/10. so ridiculous. even for an action flick. the side-kick is terrible. im guessing hes in MMA or something? if not, he has no business being on the big screen. the woman/love interest is also particularly awful.
guns akimbo - 6/10. very over the top/silly action movie that doesnt really make alot of sense if you think about it, but is entertaining enough and has a few cool kills.
escape from pretoria - 6/10. cool story about ANC members in prison during the 70s, but kinda boring.
oculus - 6/10. not a bad horror. a little different, but still pretty predictable.
buffaloed - 6/10. fun story, but lacks in realism. about a girl who hustles her way to the top. another film i thought was based on a true story. they certainly tried to make it seem that way, but nope.
miss americana - 2/10. forced to watch this and it was pretty much what i expected. a bunch of mis-informed clap-trap. miss swift is being used as a mouth-piece for the feminazi agenda, and she comes across as absolutely clueless...best to stick with the music.
pariah: the lives and deaths of sonny liston - 7/10. nice little doco about the man himself and the mysterious circumstances of his death.

Last edited:
KILLER INSIDE; INSIDE THE MIND OF AARON HERNANDEZ..great doco, how a super talented nfl star can throw it all away with thug behaviour and terrible decisions.... 7/10
GOZILLA- KING OF THE MONSTERS... some good monster fight scenes, huge disappointment from there. Actors you just don't care for (the girl from stranger things is awful) huge plot holes. terrible.... 3/10
SLEEPAWAY CAMP... awesome b-grade 80's horror/slasher with one of the greatest OMG/holly#@%#@ endings in cinema history. If your a fan of low budget 80's slasher (as I am). check it out... 7/8-10

Joker - 9/10 - enthralled and hooked after about 20 mins into it, didn’t want it to end. Loved the linking to the Bruce Wayne Batman story, amazing acting by Phoenix and if anyone else won best actor he would have been able to go to the police and say he had been robbed.

I did the Netflix baseball triple play
MONEY BALL - seen a few times, enjoy every time..great story and well acted. 7/10

HOPE; ONE IN A BILLION - a feel good doco on gift ngoepe the first south African player to crack the MLB, just to make it out of the S.A slums in a sport that is non traditional for Africa was great to see...doco did drag out, but was educational... 6/10

SCREWBALL "BASEBALLS JUCIEST SCANDAL" this was awesome! great entertaining twisted crazy story of steroid use involving A-rod (Alex rodriguez) and some very shady behind the scenes players. enjoyed telling the story using child actors mixed with interviews with the players involved, A film by billy corben ( who also did cocaine cowboys) loved it 8.5/10

Back
Top Bottom