Questions about NRL Traders

Blake13

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Blake
eBay User
blakepalmer94
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to collecting the NRL Traders and addicted already! I just bought my first box of 2016 and just finished the break.

Lucy enough I scored a Steve Menzies Legends signature. Do these signature cards continue into previous years for the series?

And what do you guys do with the common cards that aren't needed? Just make a set and sell the set ?

Thanks in advance as I'm still an amateur at collecting and learning everyday.

Congrats on your sig, your first big hit is always the best. The Legends are a continuous Traders insert series, have the same design each year and started in 2013. With commons some trade them as singles or lots on here, some make sets and sell them, some give them away and like me, some just keep them stored away because they couldnt be bothered doing anything with them.

Last edited:
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to collecting the NRL Traders and addicted already! I just bought my first box of 2016 and just finished the break.

Lucy enough I scored a Steve Menzies Legends signature. Do these signature cards continue into previous years for the series?

And what do you guys do with the common cards that aren't needed? Just make a set and sell the set ?

Thanks in advance as I'm still an amateur at collecting and learning everyday.
Blake, unfortunately, the commons are worth bugger all, I started collecting 46 years ago and have amased too many cards to even think about.
Start to think now about what you want keep and think about storing them properly from word go.
If you have any questions please ask, that is what were are here for.
By the way I collect all numbered cards 36. ie 36/208.
Dave.

You should get the commons signed as they go up drastically in value. 2016 Traders Unsigned common = 5 cents tops, signed commons 3 bucks minimum

Sweet! Thanks for the heads up Delta. Any idea the best way how to get them signed? Blake
Not sure. I can only do mine through the mail due to my age and basically restrictions on what I can do and where I can go. I wouldn't have any addresses for the newer players as they are hard to track down and move all the time to new clubs. Probably a fan day or player appearance, I've been to a couple since last year for the bulldogs, just a little bit hectic and lots of people. You could try after a match at the buses but I hear that these types of Signature hunters are gone or something due to Mick Ennis and his lot.

Not sure. I can only do mine through the mail due to my age and basically restrictions on what I can do and where I can go. I wouldn't have any addresses for the newer players as they are hard to track down and move all the time to new clubs. Probably a fan day or player appearance, I've been to a couple since last year for the bulldogs, just a little bit hectic and lots of people. You could try after a match at the buses but I hear that these types of Signature hunters are gone or something due to Mick Ennis and his lot.
I think your reference to "Mick Ennis" will probably confuse Blake.

Blake, Mick Ennis the name given to a guy who's real name is Michael Ward. A mick Ennis lookalike apparently pisses the shit out of players getting autographs (stacks of the same card) sells on ebay for ridiculous prices.

Back
Top Bottom