PSA Dual Service Grading

whereiswally78

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Matt
eBay User
whereiswally78
Good morning all,

I have a couple of questions which I'm hoping the experienced-folk-in-the-know might be able to shed some light on:

1. Jason "White Chocolate" Williams - his card sale / prices seem absolutely inflated relative to other cards in the same set. Don't get me wrong, he was a very, very good point guard, and his highlight reels are mind-boggling. But how are these values justified - is he some kind of cult hero?!? Let's take for example these recent sales from the 2019-20 National Archives Ink set that I'm working on: compare the Williams (note: /49) sales to D-Wade (which is /25), and J-Kidd (also /25) ... unbelievable!
1594346308137.png

2. Now onto a different topic; should I send this set to PSA for grading as Card-only-grading, or dual-service (auto/card) - let's assume cost is not a factor. Has anyone had experience with the auto-grading through PSA specifically. One specific question: if the player has signed *over* some of the printed card design (e.g. the photo, or their name), does that affect the grading? Does it have the potential to DE-value the card?

Love to hear some discussion & perspectives on both topics :)

Happy Friday!

Last edited:
So J. Will. Yep, he has a crazy following. All his stuff sells well. It's nuts.

That's an awesome Auto set too. The Golds are drawing me in.

No idea about the grading Q

2. Now onto a different topic; should I send this set to PSA for grading as Card-only-grading, or dual-service (auto/card) - let's assume cost is not a factor. Has anyone had experience with the auto-grading through PSA specifically. One specific question: if the player has signed *over* some of the printed card design (e.g. the photo, or their name), does that affect the grading? Does it have the potential to DE-value the card?

Signing over name, badge or photo won't affect the grade. The only time I've been slugged is with a streaky auto or a sticker auto where the pen has gone off the sticker.. even if it's just touching the edge. The same applies to if the auto is on card auto and goes off the edge of the card.

I'd recommend card-only-grading for sure. I know personally I prefer it as the label is less busy and I'm concerned with the grading of the card not the auto.. as I can make my own judgement of the auto by looking at it.

Back
Top Bottom