PS4 Thread

I'll kick it off with Last of Us releasing today! Who's picking it up? Who played the original on PS3?

I never got to play the original, but have sat through countless videos of the original game on youtube (and still don't recall the story - spoiler-free!!!), and it's easy to see why it was trumping all others for GOTY!

Picking my copy up today, but won't actually get to play it until later tonight (much later), so could end up playing it on Saturday, given the AFL has decided to do a Thursday AND Friday Night Footy!).

I only played it on PS3. tempted to upgrade but the enhancements are not that much better.

Highly recommended though for new to the game if you got a PS4.

I been playing wolfenstein and damn the first level was long lol. Thought it would never end. The button instructions text is so small i couldn't tell what to do haha. So trial and error till i worked out which L or R button it was. One thing I like about Nintendo all buttons have a different name lol.

Also played a bit of NBA2k14, my career mode is such a grind. Also only scored 1,000 VC from the locker code you put up in the other thread, so it helped a little lol.

Haven't played the other games yer that you sold me but I've played them on other systems before.

I only played it on PS3. tempted to upgrade but the enhancements are not that much better.

Highly recommended though for new to the game if you got a PS4.

I been playing wolfenstein and damn the first level was long lol. Thought it would never end. The button instructions text is so small i couldn't tell what to do haha. So trial and error till i worked out which L or R button it was. One thing I like about Nintendo all buttons have a different name lol......

Thanks Dom, can't wait to get a crack at it!!

And you're not wrong about the on-screen instructions for Wolfenstein!! My gripe was being stuck in the bunker unable to duck-down to shoot the dude outside the door. Literally about 30mins I was there for! Even after watching someone do it on youtube, it wasnt until a bit later I realised I was pressing the wrong button!

Thanks Dom, can't wait to get a crack at it!!

And you're not wrong about the on-screen instructions for Wolfenstein!! My gripe was being stuck in the bunker unable to duck-down to shoot the dude outside the door. Literally about 30mins I was there for! Even after watching someone do it on youtube, it wasnt until a bit later I realised I was pressing the wrong button!

yep i got stuck there, I was hitting the jump button instead and jumped in his mouth lol.

The next hurdle was how you had to crouch and shoot through the gap so the guard would open the door. Was pressing the stick the wrong way (mind u it did not say which way)

Sony's streaming service "PlayStation Now" has officially opened in Beta form, but is not impressing gamers...

This is a PAID Beta, so you basically pay their full-price rentals (for streaming games) that are still in Beta form.

Just think about that bit for a sec.... PAID....FULL-PRICE....BETA....

Anyways, their prices are ridiculous!! I got these prices from a Kotaku article, so not sure if they're AUD or not, but...
Final Fantasy XIII-2 came out in 2012 on the PS3, and they're asking;
$4.99 for 4hrs
$7.99 for 7 days
$14.99 for 30 days
$29.99 for 90 days

REALLY, you want to charge someone $30 bucks to RENT a game for 3 months, and you only charge $24.95 for digital download on the PS3. Quite the premium to play it on a now-gen console, don't you think!

I can pay $24.99 and buy it from an online retailer, and own it FOR LIFE!!! Granted I still need a PS3 console to play it, BUT the days of these digital downloads is well and truly here, why start screwing us over now!

Develop an official emulator, sell the bloody thing, and sell your games at a cheaper rate. Everyone's happy, and you'll make plenty of sales from it!!

Here's one for the PSN fanboys.... I recently bought Abe's Oddysee for $31.50AUD, and it came with bonus content (a different costume, and another level or something), and since my PSN trial is expiring this week, so does my game...??!?!?! HUH!! Upon investigation, Abe's Oddysee doesnt expire as I purchased it, but the additional content will, if I let my subscription expire.

Talk about funky hey!!

So I completed Last of Us Remastered over the weekend (not fully over the weekend - started it last week).

Fantastic game, possibly even higher rating over Final Fantasy VII - which for me, is a MASSIVE feat. The story alone, is just incredible. If you havent played Last of Us on the PS3 and have the opportunity to, or can even play the Remastered version on PS4 - do it! PS4 would certainly be better, but the story is no different, and the messages it gets to you doesn't change.

If you HAVE played it through, be sure to check out the "Grounded" making-off/behind the scenes vid they included. It's about an hour and half long, so sit back, but it's well worth it!

I could not recommend this game enough, I can see WHY it was a winner of over 200 Game Of The Year awards for 2013.

Havent got Last of Us yet. Gonna wait till the price drops a little.

Really cant wait till WWE 2K comes out, loving the Hulkamania edition.

this is gonna be the sh!t. can not wait:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfpMRoZwzpk

theres another cool clip with the dude who developed it, speaking about the revolutionary new graphics process used to make this game soooo massive. itll change the way games are made...

and this:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5sJrLw6X0o

stick of truth was surprisingly a very good game. a little short, but still worth playing...and really funny. you could tell matt & trey wrote it.

and obviously:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1t_YHgo_HN4

no comment.

Last edited:
MGS5 out yesterday, and Mad Max out today, who's jumping on what?

I picked up MGS and the collectors book yesterday, but will wait for Mad Max a little longer, no time to play them both. - Still playing through Arkham Knight (going for Platinum). Almost done the story on Knightmare Mode, and then there's the additional stuff to get.

I feel like Mad Max online will have a short life so I might jump on that asap. If I can get off Madden 16 for 2 mins that is.

Back
Top Bottom