Prices are now required on Sale threads

voters remorse over here. i like the idea of no more 'make an offer' threads, but i also liked waiting until someone actually showed interest in a card of mine before giving them a price...now im looking up prices for cards that havent had any interest at all in 10 years.
due to my overall laziness, i still havent updated my threads, and its very possible i may let them just die...

I'm not opposed to having prices required and in that said I still think a Stricker price denoting on offer should be permitted still on the following circumstances:

There should be a mandatory percentage of the specified price the seller must except if offers are taken?

Let's say 90% so should a seller sell a card for $100, they must then move it if a buyer's prepared to pay $90. Yes I know this can be hard to monitor but I feel strongly about this as,

There is nothing quite irritating of a seller having a card for sale on offer then rejecting one even 99.9% of the full price! - is this because they secretly wish a buyer to pay more than what's realistic? Could well be and that should not be put up with on here!

There should be a mandatory percentage of the specified price the seller must except if offers are taken?

There won't be any mandatory directions. The price is a starting point for negotiations for both seller and buyer to then agree on a price. We cannot force someone to sell something they own for an amount they do not agree to.

Ok Graham, I didn't expect you to implant my suggestion and get what you're saying. Bottom line is if you want a specific price then just say so without beating about the bush.

In other words it happens in eBay all the time - I have no hesitation in asking a seller what's the point in taking offers if mine is just not good enough?

Ok Graham, I didn't expect you to implant my suggestion and get what you're saying. Bottom line is if you want a specific price then just say so without beating about the bush.

In other words it happens in eBay all the time - I have no hesitation in asking a seller what's the point in taking offers if mine is just not good enough?
Graham, if i change the name of a thread, does that mean its a new thread, and do all people that are watching the previous name of the thread disappear and why cant we see how many people view the thread any more.
Dave.

Hey Graham,
It would be my latest thread that has brought attention to this enforcement.
Warren has brought this rule to my attention via PM.
I have listed a few things with OFFERS as there is no market value for these cards yet. (They aren't supposed to come out until Monday 15/3/21 now)
But as some people are selling before that date I got confirmation it was OK to list early.
I will update the thread with Prices or remove the items in question. Apologies for the error.

Perhaps a consideration on cards that have just hit the market? Especially the higher end cards?
Grace period of a few days/week before enforcement?

Mark.

Hey Graham,
It would be my latest thread that has brought attention to this enforcement.
Warren has brought this rule to my attention via PM.
I have listed a few things with OFFERS as there is no market value for these cards yet. (They aren't supposed to come out until Monday 15/3/21 now)
But as some people are selling before that date I got confirmation it was OK to list early.
I will update the thread with Prices or remove the items in question. Apologies for the error.

Perhaps a consideration on cards that have just hit the market? Especially the higher end cards?
Grace period of a few days/week before enforcement?

Mark.
I agree,
2 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom