Postage times blowing out

The lady at the post office told me a lot of things, even though paid and sent as airmail are being sent via sea mail as there's simply not enough flights.
I bought a signed football from the UK and it took over 3 months and still 1 week after I collected it, Royal Mail shows in transit since March!!
Needless to say both the seller and myself were stoked when I told him it arrived.

Just to follow up on above, keep contact with your seller/buyer. A dishonest person could send a claim to PayPal and there's nothing that would help you fighting it as in this case it still shows no update for 3 months. They'd probably write it off as lost which sucks as my seller did everything 💯 correctly and above board. Not everyone out there is honest. It's good when you can deliver that good news that it arrived. 1. I got what I paid for
2. My seller was so stoked that I was honest enough to say it came.

The lady at the post office told me a lot of things, even though paid and sent as airmail are being sent via sea mail as there's simply not enough flights.
I bought a signed football from the UK and it took over 3 months and still 1 week after I collected it, Royal Mail shows in transit since March!!
Needless to say both the seller and myself were stoked when I told him it arrived.
it seems we learn quite a bit just by chatting with the girl behind the counter
sent by "sea mail" is not great to hear, especially when your not told it will be sent in this form

it seems we learn quite a bit just by chatting with the girl behind the counter
sent by "sea mail" is not great to hear, especially when your not told it will be sent in this form
Not great to hear at all, we paid for air mail, the seller paid for air mail yet... It may come via ship for all or part of the journey. I just think that at the moment it can put everyone in a bad situation. If you're rolling up to 3 months and still don't have your item it's that period where you start to feel that your item is lost.
It seems the only service working relatively normally is DHL. Even UPS is very slow atm.

Just checked some of my business customer UPS deliveries out of Italy and they are looking like taking approx 11 days door to door to NZ which is a little slower than normal.

They are going different routes — via the States/Hawaii/Australia or Canada/Hawaii/Australia rather than UAE or Singapore — which means more intermediary stops which is probably accounting for the few days delay in this case. Not too bad considering the time frames I am finding for personal items.

Additionally, or domestic freight and postage in NZ seems to be getting back to normal now. My courier driver told me he is now "quite quiet" whereas previously he was hoarding all his domestic deliveries to do on Saturdays as he could not keep up with commercial during the week (his run covers a predominantly commercial area).

Just checked some of my business customer UPS deliveries out of Italy and they are looking like taking approx 11 days door to door to NZ which is a little slower than normal.

They are going different routes — via the States/Hawaii/Australia or Canada/Hawaii/Australia rather than UAE or Singapore — which means more intermediary stops which is probably accounting for the few days delay in this case. Not too bad considering the time frames I am finding for personal items.

Additionally, or domestic freight and postage in NZ seems to be getting back to normal now. My courier driver told me he is now "quite quiet" whereas previously he was hoarding all his domestic deliveries to do on Saturdays as he could not keep up with commercial during the week (his run covers a predominantly commercial area).
Yeah I noticed my UPS parcel went from Washington / Hawaii/ Sydney and eventually maybe next week will be here in Perth. It's just how it is for now.

Back
Top Bottom