Postage Cost From USA

MarkTomo

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Mark
I am new to buying single cards from America and am shocked by the difference in the postage pricing. It seems to range from about $3.00 to $28.00.

Is there a way around this or does anyone know particular sellers that offer a reasonable price for postage to Australia.

Just wondering how you guys get around this.

Last edited:
Take a look at COMC mate.

http://www.comc.com/

They have cards for sale and also provide a mailbox service. So you pay postage within the US then can consolidate as many cards as you want and have them mailed to Aust. They charge a handling fee per card but COMC postage is pretty reasonable and you'll be able to get hold of cards that would be otherwise unobtainable.

Yes I do - so far haven't had a problem yet. Around 2-3 weeks for arrival once their processing has finished.

I have used the Mailbox feature on occasions to send ebay purchases there, but most of the time I get my ebay stuff sent straight here.

Contact the seller regarding postage costs. I have bought cards from US and usually pay between 4 and 9 dollars postage, even when it says postage is $20+, and this is after contacting the seller (always before buying or bidding). One seller told me it had something to do with automatic price setting by ebay, which the seller can turn off and charge normal prices. I don't know much about ebay selling so maybe someone else who knows more can clarify this. all i know is that it can be done cheaper.

Hey Muzz

Have you used COMC before to buy cards from other dealers?
COMC sell on behalf of others, so you're only dealing with COMC. They hold the cards and send them off immediately after purchase. If you use the mailbox, they receive the cards for you and notify of each delivery (even email you a photo). They process and send to you at your request.
I've purchased cards directly from the site on quite a few occasions and used the mailbox heaps of times as well. It can take up to a month for the cards to arrive but it's well worth the wait.
Check out the COMC submissions thread in the Mailday section of the NFL forum.

There are a couple sellers that have very reasonable shipping prices to us over these ways. A couple sellers that seem to have pretty reasonable shipping charges I have not had an issue with are evolutionsportsmarketing2 and tntnorthnj. Also, keep an eye on any sellers from Hong Kong, Japan and China because the shipping tends to be a lot cheaper from these countries and I quite often the cards can sell a bit cheaper than if they were from USA too (I am guessing this is because USA buyers don't want to buy rom out of America.

There are a couple sellers that have very reasonable shipping prices to us over these ways. A couple sellers that seem to have pretty reasonable shipping charges I have not had an issue with are evolutionsportsmarketing2 and tntnorthnj. Also, keep an eye on any sellers from Hong Kong, Japan and China because the shipping tends to be a lot cheaper from these countries and I quite often the cards can sell a bit cheaper than if they were from USA too (I am guessing this is because USA buyers don't want to buy rom out of America.

Hey stop giving away all the secrets...LOL! :lol:

Bit of a noob COMC question. When you buy a card off another COMC user and want it sent to your own COMC mailbox do you still pay a postage cost each time or is there a way around that?

I have previously only had cards sent from ebay and breaking sites then either sold them or shipped them back to Australia.

Thats what im looking at doing but unsure what the postage cost it wants to charge me is for? i thought id just get charged the processing fee.

When you go to ship out you just have to pay the normal charge it would be to add to your shipment regardless if it arrived from ebay or purchased straight off COMC - so you pay $3 flat fee and then $0.50 a card I think it is from memory

When you go to ship out you just have to pay the normal charge it would be to add to your shipment regardless if it arrived from ebay or purchased straight off COMC - so you pay $3 flat fee and then $0.50 a card I think it is from memory
Yeah i worked out where i was going wrong. I wasn't signed into my account.... :rolleyes: Got it now. Thanks for the help :thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom