Post your top 10 players ever

GarnettFan4Life

Administrator
Real Name
Matt
COMC User
GarnettFan4Life
So I seen this ridiculous list on youtube (as they do to get views) where Skip Bayless didn't even have Lebron on his top 10 all time list. Got me thinking. What do people have?

Post it up!

It's not to shame anyone, older collectors here (I hope) would have an appreciation or a point of view where they can stand up for Oscar Robertson or Wilt or someone else and that's cool! Some people, I understand, didn't get in the 90's hype of Jordan, Penny, Kidd, Hill, Shaq, Webber - I feel for you! But let's throw up some lists and see what happens!

I'm so close on Jordan/Lebron. I think I've flip flopped back and forth a few times. Prob go with Jordan for now but it's likely that he is surpassed by career end. Although Space Jam 2 may make a dint in the rep if it's horrible :x3:

How good would a prime one on one battle be too?

Jordan
Lebron
Shaq
Kobe
Magic
Russell
Kareem
Wilt
Bird

*list subject to change and also due to the fact I've never seen Wilt, Russell, Kareem play so there's ONLY stats and other peoples words. It's a fine line when it comes down to the top of the top so I have no issue people putting Duncan at 10 or Shaq at 9 or whatever. Splitting hairs and eras and people will always say such and such would get destroyed in the 90's era or destroy the 2010's era etc etc so it will never be unanimous agreement!

I flirted with Curry at 11 but thought the better of it for now after a comparison. Although check out slam top 100 all time and he's at 19 so by end of career it's gonna be interesting!

https://www.slamonline.com/nba/slams-top-100-players-time-50-11/

To be honest I'm stunned anyone else has Shaq 3rd! I thought I'd be an outlier and get smashed for it! lol

If you look at all traditional media generated lists Kareem would probably be 3rd. Do you think it's more people thinking about how Shaq crushed all 90's opponents, made teams spend MILLIONS on guys trying to just use up their fouls on him, let alone actually playing any kind of good defense, and how he'd likely steam roll Kareem and any big guys before him? Not to put words in anyones mouths....

Yeah the "best ever" debates are always interesting because it really depends on what era you have watched the most.

Obviously I wasn't around when guys like Wilt, Russell, Kareem...etc. were in their prime.

I'd look at it in the sense how they dominated in their era and whether if they would still have the same impact in different eras. Shaq would be more physically intimidating, and he also had great versatility for his size, there really hasn't been anyone like him.

Back
Top Bottom