Possible Gold Coast Trading card Expo.

Gameday Online

OZCT Supporter
Real Name
Peter Thompson
eBay User
supa5
Hi All,

I have been in discussion with a friend who operates an events company on the Gold Coast and throwing around a few ideas re running a " Trading Card & Collectables Expo " on the Gold Coast. The idea is only just out of the blocks so we are looking for some feedback. The event would be most likely held at a venue near Surfers Paradise around the release time for Series 2 products in the AFL and NRL. It would involve trading, selling and promoting of all types of sport and non sport trading cards as well as some other related collectables. The idea would be to get the support and involvement of card companies and related business. ie Attempt to get Select to make an appearance and also other card companies. Would also aim to get some players and represenatives from the sports to attend to promote the hobby. It would be aimed as a way to get current collectors together as well as attempt to broaden the hobby and bring in new collectors. The number one thing that this idea would rely on is the support of this within the industry and the attendance levels that we could get. So my first question is:

Who would attend and how far would you travel from to attend?

Who would be willing to take up a table to trade and sell and how much would you expect to pay for this table at such an event?

Feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Peter
Gameday Online

Hi All,

I have been in discussion with a friend who operates an events company on the Gold Coast and throwing around a few ideas re running a " Trading Card & Collectables Expo " on the Gold Coast. The idea is only just out of the blocks so we are looking for some feedback. The event would be most likely held at a venue near Surfers Paradise around the release time for Series 2 products in the AFL and NRL. It would involve trading, selling and promoting of all types of sport and non sport trading cards as well as some other related collectables. The idea would be to get the support and involvement of card companies and related business. ie Attempt to get Select to make an appearance and also other card companies. Would also aim to get some players and represenatives from the sports to attend to promote the hobby. It would be aimed as a way to get current collectors together as well as attempt to broaden the hobby and bring in new collectors. The number one thing that this idea would rely on is the support of this within the industry and the attendance levels that we could get. So my first question is:

Who would be willing to take up a table to trade and sell and how much would you expect to pay for this table at such an event?

Peter
Gameday Online

Hi Peter,

Count me in. I will chat to you in the next day or 2 as I just got an order of cases in so I opening and sorting at the moment.

Cheers Glenn

I had a conversation with Steve this morning to make sure I did not tread on anyones toes with this. If we go ahead with this idea on the Gold Coast ( it is still an if ) it would not be until series 2 release time, so I suggested to Steve he still go ahead with his plans if he wishes to. I will still attend that one as well as long as the timing is right.

What dates are series 2 schedule for? If it is possible I would attend and have a basketball table consisting of Boxes, packs and graded cards.

Has a price been decided on tables?

What dates are series 2 schedule for? If it is possible I would attend and have a basketball table consisting of Boxes, packs and graded cards.

Has a price been decided on tables?

Idea is very much at stage 1. I need to get some good feedback on who would be willing to attend to sell, trade or buy and what kind of price they would expect to pay for a table at such an event. I know that question is a little open but any feedback would be appreciated. The intention for this event would be to scale it up a little from just a trade meet and attempt to get some of the bigger companies involved but still include the smaller dealers. Series 2 is usually around July some time so the expo would more than likely be late July or sometime in August.
For such an event to go ahead we will need good numbers.

Peter

Hi All,

Peter
Gameday Online

i would be keen to attend if its on around the queens birthday long weekend. 8-11 june. as i would be coming from vic and it wouldnt effect me playing footy as our fixture has the mid-season break then.
unless you made it just after the grand finals??

Gday Peter I have a collection of old cards and these would make a great addition to your card showing exhibition if you are interested please let me know

Back
Top Bottom