Picked up a MJ auto

Don't know a lot about them, suffice it to say I wouldn't be peeling and sticking that sticker anywhere! Given that it's UDA for a Jordan sig that's about as certain as it gets - think you grabbed a bargain but I'm sure the hardcore Jordan collectors can give you abetter idea of how you fared.....

I would have checked with UD first to make sure the serial number matches what they have on file for that item. The main thing to remember is that anyone can take a serial number off anything (a cheap card/buyback) that Upperdeck have produced and put it on another card with a fake auto.

Personally, I would be a little skeptical of this item. For what its worth, UD has no record of this item in its database. You may have to email them.

The ending price is also a concern for me.

Cheers
Matt

---------- Post added 12-12-2011 at 08:08 PM ----------

They also have another dodgy looking Jordan auto buyback as well.

Id be worried if you have paid!

Cheers
Matt

I would have checked with UD first to make sure the serial number matches what they have on file for that item. The main thing to remember is that anyone can take a serial number off anything (a cheap card/buyback) that Upperdeck have produced and put it on another card with a fake auto.
Personally, I would be a little skeptical of this item. For what its worth, UD has no record of this item in its database. You may have to email them.
The ending price is also a concern for me.
Cheers
Matt

---------- Post added 12-12-2011 at 08:08 PM ----------

They also have another dodgy looking Jordan auto buyback as well.
Id be worried if you have paid!
Cheers
Matt

hmmm... Hope you got a better pick then on the auction of the Certificate... Auto doesn't look right too me.

^ Professionals who know what they're talking about!

Don't know a lot about them, suffice it to say I wouldn't be peeling and sticking that sticker anywhere! Given that it's UDA for a Jordan sig that's about as certain as it gets - think you grabbed a bargain but I'm sure the hardcore Jordan collectors can give you abetter idea of how you fared.....

^Amateur who thinks he knows what he's talking about! I guess the low feedback count is always a risk on the bay too....

Yeah, I know Upperdeck doesnt have a record of it but supposedly it was signed in 2001 at a National show and Upperdeck doesnt have any product listed after 2002. The auto looks right to me (against a 05-06 ultimate Mj auto I have) I know the price was low but often low raters sell low as no one trusts them. Another reason I think it is genuine is the fact that I know those UD stickers are hard to get off perfectly and the one on the card looks to be in perfect condition. So if it were removed from another card it kinda should be dinged in a corner or something. I dont know guys I have paid and its on its way, I have also emailed Upperdeck about it. Thanks for the advice though, this is why I love this forum

Well at least you have a few weeks to claim an item not as described if UD get back to you and its not legit. The AAA serial ties in with the time frame he says it was signed (early 2000's) but saying that the auto looks a little off to me but that could also be that its unusual to see suck a thick pen used on his auto and it makes it look a little off. What is the date on the COA?

Im not sure of the date i will find out. Yeah i know what you are saying about thick pen as I had a topps auto of Kobe that was a thick pen and looked a little dodgy but it was pulled from a pack.

Can I tell you, Jordan has NEVER signed at the Nationals. The reason why I think they are saying 2001 is that you wont be able to immediately prove its authenticity. He only signs at his camp or as part of a private UD signing.

The other things that I dont like is that the other card the seller is selling has the hologram on the front.....never seen this happen with UD cards.

If I were a betting man, id say its a well made fake auto.

Regards
Matt

Well at least you have a few weeks to claim an item not as described if UD get back to you and its not legit. The AAA serial ties in with the time frame he says it was signed (early 2000's) but saying that the auto looks a little off to me but that could also be that its unusual to see suck a thick pen used on his auto and it makes it look a little off. What is the date on the COA?

as soon as you said thick pen I knew which card you are talking about. I too was skeptical when the action was running if it is real or not when i saw it a few days ago. If it is fake, these fae signatures are getting betters and better.

I know a couple of Fleer sticker rc auto do exist, mostly through UD MJ Camps and UD sessions but I don't recall any with the serial number starting with AAA. A genuine copy would normally fetch between $600 to $800 easily. I can't tell for sure if it was genuine but if it was, you got yourself a big bargain!!!!

Well I have emailed UD so Im hoping they get back to me (which they are very slack at doing). I really hope its the real deal Im tired of being screwed on ebay. :(

I will also take a very close look at the sticker and see if they look tampered with. I can always lodge a claim with paypal if it looks fake too.

---------- Post added 12-12-2011 at 09:09 PM ----------

I just tried taking the sticker off an old buyback I had (dont cry its not good) and it completely destroys the sticker, the silver stuff comes off

I will also take a very close look at the sticker and see if they look tampered with. I can always lodge a claim with paypal if it looks fake too.

---------- Post added 12-12-2011 at 09:09 PM ----------

I just tried taking the sticker off an old buyback I had (dont cry its not good) and it completely destroys the sticker, the silver stuff comes off

Let me also say, I have completely removed a sticker auto from a card without the security feature showing to stop this happening.

Cheers
Matt

I hope its real mate. Youre in a predicament arent u? Claiming your money back vs the time it takes for UD to respond to you. Good luck for all of that.

Back
Top Bottom