Ben Simmons

1stBowman

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Damien
COMC User
1stBowman
Firstly, Simmo rocks. Never mind the 3 pointer - it irks me no longer. The rest of his game is outstanding. And he brings serious effort. Philadelphia just showed that they are legit contenders imo ( I was writing them off 2 weeks ago). Limiting Horford's minutes might be the key to it all.

Get on at the 17-1 before it shortens all the way back down to 8-1!

As for Simmons' cards, I just saw that the cheapest version of his 16-17 Donruss Optic holo is approximately double what I paid for it 4 months ago - a pleasant surprise. I thought the card would've depreciated since I bought it given the lack of shooting. A PSA 10 can be had for $480. That seems a good price given that the cheapest raw version I saw on Ebay was about $350. I'm holding that card for the next 5 years. Go Simmo. Go Sixers.

Last edited:
Agree! Was growing tired of hearing how Simmons didn’t shoot 3. It’s just the state of basketball.

Just watching the Rockets v Celtics game and with the addition of Covington the Rockets look mad dangerous. Filled in a gap for them for sure. Really interesting experiment with no huge centre, heaps of shooters and now some good defense added to the mix.

Agree! Was growing tired of hearing how Simmons didn’t shoot 3. It’s just the state of basketball.

Just watching the Rockets v Celtics game and with the addition of Covington the Rockets look mad dangerous. Filled in a gap for them for sure. Really interesting experiment with no huge centre, heaps of shooters and now some good defense added to the mix.

The commentator Jay Williams stated that small ball is the modern game and that the traditional centre is all but obsolete. I don't understand the nuances of the game well enough to offer an opinion but it seems that plenty agree with his assessment. I think Houston could play the Clippers in the WCF.

Back
Top Bottom