Penrith Collectormania Fair 15th September

Sonny told me, terry said to charge everyone $60 of product to get 1 card.
Even if it was 40, thats 100% increase.
What a bunch of morons, no wonder they have so much returned stock.

I didn't discuss it with Sonny in any detail. I knew it was advertised at $40 spend to get the Show Card (pre-show). In any case, despite the price hike, I was prepared to spend that to get the card and to hopefully help make Sonny's attendance worthwhile.

If people want to spend money there going to, not just for a stupid common card with a silver show card stamp on it seriously

I thought way back when they first released these cards,if there were 3 new cards,you would get the 3 new releases,not 1 card.It just seems extreme for a traders like card with a foil stamp on it.Might be different if it was an auto.

The first 6 from 2017 Traders were Freebies. All you had to do was mention you wanted them! I didn’t pay a cent!
9D43571C-72F4-43F5-8791-B339049212AD.jpeg

The first 6 from 2017 Traders were Freebies. All you had to do was mention you wanted them! I didn’t pay a cent!
You are spot on.I had quite a few,as the dealers/sellers were happy to give them away.And i gave mine away.I still wonder if tla/esp give them to the dealers for free.

You are spot on.I had quite a few,as the dealers/sellers were happy to give them away.And i gave mine away.I still wonder if tla/esp give them to the dealers for free.
The dealers were given them for free as a sweetner to sell and promote the cards.
As there were limited numbers they were told they had to sell a certain amount of product, ie dollar wise the customer would there for be entitled to 1 card per amount if they reqested a card of what ever player was available.

Just clearing some things up here -

TLA don't at all dictate any prices associated with Show Cards.

The Show Cards are seen as a way to give something back to those that are attending the Show's and supporting the dealers.
If you go to a show with the intention of purchasing a box or picking up some cards to finish a set or grabbing some supplies etc The Show Cards are given to you for free with your purchase. They don't cost anything extra on top of what you're actually buying.

The first time we had Show Cards we did make them available with zero purchase necessary. The result was that within 20 minutes of the Show starting, we were getting cleaned out quickly. We are only given a limited amount to last for each Show and as you can imagine, certain teams go fast. People just went from dealer to dealer to grab the Show Cards. Subsequently, later in the day you have customers actually supporting the business and they get nothing.

The purchase requirement was simply brought in to make it fairer for those attending. Each dealer does it differently, I know I don't specify at all what products need to be purchased to make up any requirement. You can grab whatever you want and it can include a free Show Card.

Penrith show was again very quite sales wise.I think most league collector,s are waiting for elite.Attendance was up on last show,overall still very pleasing to see a few ozcard members turn up.Special thankyou to ozcard member Richard who gave me a almost complete set of magic round cards.A very kind jesture.

We will be here
I'll update some other things in the coming days

Just thought I'd put it out there to see if anyone would be interested in a 2019 NRL elite case share?

The one in Brisbane/Albury was a great success and I would be keen to do it live in Penrith

Legs 11 case will be the one
$170 per box
Will do a lucky dip for picking the spots based on who pays first
Also anyone that participates will go into the draw for a chance at winning a complete 16 card set of this years NRL show cards (see below)

case_share_2019_NRL_elite_case_11_TCAC.jpg

2019_ESP_TLA_NRL_show_card_exclusives_1_TCAC.jpg

As well as the Elite case share we have 2019-20 contenders packs for sale as well as some other things below:
trading_cards_and_collectables_penrith_canberra_brisbane_perth_victoria_mixed_boxes_TCAC.jpg

trading_cards_and_collectables_penrith_canberra_brisbane_perth_victoria_albums_folders_TCAC.jpg

trading_cards_and_collectables_penrith_canberra_brisbane_perth_victoria_basketball_boxes_TCAC.jpg

trading_cards_and_collectables_penrith_canberra_brisbane_perth_victoria_loose_packs_1_TCAC.jpg

trading_cards_and_collectables_penrith_canberra_brisbane_perth_victoria_loose_packs_TCAC.jpg

trading_cards_and_collectables_penrith_canberra_brisbane_perth_victoria_retro_boxes_1_TCAC.jpg

trading_cards_and_collectables_penrith_canberra_brisbane_perth_victoria_setup_1_TCAC.jpg

Back
Top Bottom