• Poll closed .

drob50

Magic Johnson and David Robinson ON CARD autos
Real Name
Adam
eBay User
None
PC Shootout 2 – The Variety Edition

New Plan – I have taken the top 2 results from each group and put them into the next round, this gives us 2 new groups of 4.

The rules are simple:
There are 4 groups of 4 players with a mixture of genre’s. The groups have been made by Random.org to keep things fair .
Each player has submitted 3 cards from their chosen PC Player or series. I will be uploading 1 card at a time each round for everyone to vote on. The player with the highest amount of votes from each group will progress onto the next round. We will then use the next card from each person in the next round and the same again in the final round.

Everyone can vote and it’s up to you if you want to vote for yourself or for someone else. Voting is private so no one will know who you voted for.

The overall winner will receive a prize pack donated by an absolute legend of OCT! (me) At this point, the prize pack includes a Rookie Auto from one of the top 10/11 Rookies, 2 NFL GU cards, some Baseball cards including at least 1 auto as well as some other random cards which I will look for.

Now, the cards:

Group 2B – kiwi_in_melb / Dwight Howard vs Tangent / DC Legacy vs Tak35bne / Darren Lockyer vs Gaz876 / Chris Paul

Kiwi_in_melb / Dwight Howard

09/10 Exquisite Patches (Part Magic Logo) Auto #d 02/50
IMG_20120126_133943.jpg

Tangent / DC Legacy

Aquaman by Mike Lilly
Lilly was a very low volume artist. His sketches were only available in archive boxes, so there were only 50 all up. This one is of Aquaman, and I love the sense of exploding out of the water.
lillyaquaman.jpg

Tak35bne / Darren Lockyer

2009 Classic Captain Signature - this is the second time that Select have produced a Captain Signature, the first being 2004. A Captain Sig featuring Darren Lockyer the then Captain of the Brisbane Broncos was the premier card in that set to collect. There were only 50 Captain Sig's made and this card is #20 of 50
2009Classic-DarrenLockyerCaptainSignature.jpg

Gaz876 / Chris Paul

2010-11 Timeless Treasures Championship Season Materials TAG 3/5
011.jpg

Lilly was a very low volume artist. His sketches were only available in archive boxes, so there were only 50 all up. This one is of Aquaman, and I love the sense of exploding out of the water.

So does this mean he only ever did 50 sketch cards in total..ever? Curious to know

I'm not getting Gaz's image again.

Have saved it and reloaded it through my photobucket now. Should have fixed the problem! LMK if you can see it now

Also you have put the wrong Darren Lockyer card up.

Sorry mate, I just matched up the second pic you sent me against the second description. Must have sent them in a different order!
All foxed now

I can't see no Lockyer...

Try a refresh!

I just opened this again and couldn't see the Howard or CP3 but could see the others. Then I refreshed and could see them all???

Must be some issue with image sizes. I am just using the source URL of the pick you guys send me so how they are uploaded I have no idea??

Try a refresh!

I just opened this again and couldn't see the Howard or CP3 but could see the others. Then I refreshed and could see them all???

Must be some issue with image sizes. I am just using the source URL of the pick you guys send me so how they are uploaded I have no idea??

Nope... looks like the link is broken, like the end of the image address isn't there -

So does this mean he only ever did 50 sketch cards in total..ever? Curious to know

He only did 50 sketches for DC Legacy. However, there were only a couple of other sets he worked on and they were also fairly low volume. Probably about 200 sketches across all sets.

Total stunner, it's going to be a basketball - basketball final.... :rolleyes:

It needs to either be all basketball or limited to 1, otherwise it's not really fair. In fact, most other sports (eg NRL/AFL) can't compete with the design or supply of what basketball produces.

I think it is a lot to do with the fact that more NBA members look at the comps section than the others!

When I ran this comp in the Maildays section, we were getting up to 50 votes per round. Now were lucky to hit 20! Just less people looking and most would be basketball!

I did try to get a dedicated group from each genre, but just not enough interest! Oh, well, it will probably have to be a basketball only comp from now on!

Adam, you've put in a lot of work with this and you've done a good job, but yeah sadly I think it's gonna just have to stay all basketball, unless people in other genres want to organise their own ones.

I think it is a lot to do with the fact that more NBA members look at the comps section than the others!

That's at least partly because basketball is the next section so you can actually see the competitions area. Nonsport is so far down, I actually have the bookmark set up to start near the bottom and I only see the top section if I check alerts and conversations.

Back
Top Bottom