PayPal assistance

Ja$e

To infinity and beyond...
Real Name
Jason
eBay User
jvalles69
Hi all, needing some info on Paypal.

I am about to sign up, but not sure which type of account I want, I'm assuming it is personal, but this says something about not being able to recieve some kinds of payments.

Any help about joining for a first time user would be greatly appreciated!

are you thinking of selling as well as buying?

its only really for sellers (you can still pay through any account type)

if u go personal u can buy using ur credit card but if ur selling u can only accept non credit card payment(payment via his paypal balance).

premium account does the same but u will be able to receive credit card payment. there a catch which is a small percentage fee like the 1 in ebay when u sell an item. its between 1.5% to 3.2% i think. i hope that helps u.

Thanks for that. So I take it when someone says that they will pay you by Paypal they are referring to their paypal balance, is that correct?

Sounds like the personal one is all that I need, what type does everyone else use?

i just have a personal

when I was listing for worldwide...id say "no paypal via credit cards"

but I read into it, and that exact sentence is against ebay rules...you cant say you accept paypal, and not accept CC's....sucks eh

That's a bit of a bummer! I'll have to think about it and read up some more. Cheers.

I thought if you have a personal PayPal account, if someone was to pay you for an auction, you can still receive that payment but it won't go into your credit card account, the cash rather will end up in your PayPal balance.

Am I wrong? I think that has happened to me before.

The basic paypal account is for sending only. (No fees, except to become Verified, and this comes back anyway)

To receive funds (except for funds transferred from a person with a paypal balance, which is very rare), which about 95% is done by Crdit Card, you need to set up a "Merchant" account. Unfortunately, as the seller (or receiver of money), you are the one charged the processing fee for the credit card transfer.

And yes, any money received will go into your paypal balance. It costs you nothing to transfer the funds to another currency within your paypal account, but you will pay fees whenever you transfer the funds to your external bank account. When you pay for an item, you use your paypal balance first, and then the balance is charged to your credit card.

Hope this helps.

Yeah, not sure what account I have, but I can receive all types of payments.

I do remember paying something a small fee, but it was credited back to me.

I am a verified member, not sure how any of this happend again, it was a while ago.

Not sure if it's a bad thing where when we receive payments, we have to "withdraw" it out to our bank accounts/credit card accounts, as how many of us use PayPal to pay for new shit?

Why not leave it there as a credit balance? Unless of course you really needed the funds.

It costs $0 to setup an account, and $0 to start paying people. Small fee of $2.50 I THINK, to become verified (again, I THINK).

Good luck, and ask more Q's if u think of em!!

Mavs, becoming verified is only available to credit card accounts (as for paying). It is $2 that your card is charged, and then that amount is added to your paypal balance.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom