Panini screw up: Rookie Impact

Staggs

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Tom
eBay User
tomstaggard
Hey all,

I could be completely and utterly way off on this one. But I'm a big Cavs fan and I was about to bid on a Tristan Thompson 12-13 Hoops Rookie Impact auto today.

And while I was waiting for the bid to countdown, I was looking at the picture and I dunno but I don't think the Tristan Thompson picture is correct. I think Panini have put Alonzo Gee on it lol.

Outlandish statement I know but below are the pictures of the card, Thompson and Gee (for those that don't know who they are/what they look like). I watched a whole stack of Cleveland games last season and I for the life of me cannot remember Tristan having such tattoos on his arms, i know he has some on his back, but this looks suspicious to me lol. It's hard to tell cos you can only see one number on the jerseys and they are #13 and #33 respectively.

Tell me what you think and feel free to tell me I'm wrong because then I can go back to eBay and actually buy one with confidence haha.

ThompsonRookieImpact.jpg

'Tristan Thompson Rookie Impact card from 12-13 Hoops'
Tristan-Thompson.jpg

Tristan Thompson during a Cavaliers game. You can see his tattoo across his chest poking out of the jersey at the neckline and arm holes, but not nearly all the way down his arm like the card suggests.

AlonzoGee.jpg

Alonzo Gee before the Cavaliers faced Phoenix at home earlier in 2012. Not the tattoos on both arms all the way to his elbows.

I hope I'm wrong so I can just bid on my card and get it to my PC asap, but please can someone tell me, am I going crazy and seeing things?

oh for real? I thought they'd never end up redeeming those. Post a pic?

I can put it up on Monday! It is sitting on my desk at work! But they have been on eBay for a little while.

Nice auto on it too! Signed at an angle from bottom left to top right! ;)
If I do head in to work tomorrow at all, I will be sure to grab a pic!

Back
Top Bottom