Panini Prizm Hierarchy

MisterB

OzCardTrader
Real Name
B
eBay User
uncle_beejay
Hi all,

New to the forum after watching "Cardboard Addicts" on Kayo.

Just getting back into NBA cards, things have certainly changed since the 90's! Ive been focussing on AFL for the last 15 years.

I'm wondering if there is a specific hierarchy with the colours available in the Prizm cards? I know they talk about a rainbow... but I've never seen one with 30 different colours in it! Does it follow the same pattern each year, and people have just got used to which ones are the rarest?

Thanks very much, if there is an existing thread for this could you please direct me to it? I'm sure I'm not the first to ask this question.

Things definitely have changed in the past 15 years! Panini isn't the first to do rainbows - Topps owns that "honour". As to the order of easiest to hardest .... Where you have cards that are serially numbered, it's easy to tell, outside of that ... it's harder. Generally though, the rainbow in prizm starts with Silver (no serial #) all the way down to Black (1/1). But then you have the fastbreak prizms - some people may classify them as being part of the rainbow, others may classify them as being separate (I say they're a separate product). The Panini Choice prizms (new to this year and hence the 30 card rainbow) .... don't know.

Hi MisterB,

Welcome back to the hobby!

This is the variants from last years Prizm release, from multiple products.
I would expect roughly the same for this upcoming years also.

Keep an eye on my website, Prizm boxes and breaks listing soon!
www.westozcards.com.au
68588489_10162171731155364_1428956677603852288_n.jpg

Wow, we're up to 38 parallels now. I thought Upperdeck were bad but this is just nuts. Panini are really killing the hobby. Trying to manufacture scarecity when in reallity they are just flooding the market.

Wow, we're up to 38 parallels now. I thought Upperdeck were bad but this is just nuts. Panini are really killing the hobby. Trying to manufacture scarecity when in reallity they are just flooding the market.

The fact you can still easily pick up blasters of Prizm 2018-19 for not much more than at release time - with a very good rookie crop - makes you wonder how much of this stuff is out there. With the Zion hype they will be producing even more than last year( how many silver prizms will there be?) It's not a healthy thing - and not sustainable.

Back
Top Bottom