Panini Flawless EXPOSED!!!!

Jonathon M

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Jonathon
Lol did laugh tho that it was a labelling mistake. Hasn't it been marketed as game worn the whole time. Think he missed the point that it isn't the labelling of the card that has ticked everyone off, it is the bogus relic itself. I wonder how many ppl exchange tho for a card of equal value, no replacing card been offered from what I have read

Yeah, we've been discussing it in the other Flawless thread... The whole thing stinks!

ok cool, didnt see that. However, I feel this needs its own thread as EVERY collector needs to be aware of this.... This is absolutely disgusting and I would hate to be one of those collectors who has gone big on this product. I dont care if low-mid end releases have the odd "quality control" issue but if your #1 product is full of fakes and fraud (false advertising, etc) then I have no confidence in anything Panini does..... To think they will have the exclusive licence soon as well..... Yuck!

Think I will exclusively buy Leaf Trinity if I decide to bust again

wow holy c*#p its 2014 how are companies making these mistakes
that is unacceptable damn!!!!!

I'd be interested to see if it is only football product or whether it is all high end products from panini

wow holy c*#p its 2014 how are companies making these mistakes
that is unacceptable damn!!!!!

Because they're not "mistakes"..... The fact they are now saying it's a labeling error rather than a material error, even after they pumped the 100% Vet Game worn BS in the advertising and lead up should tell you this was purposely done and they are backpedaling because they have been busted.... The fact that they are saying it's a labeling error which implies they knew there wasn't game worn material in the releases is stupidity in itself as they could now be seen as purposely misleading consumers by claiming in the promo material that it was 100% game used, which is another issue. rather than just saying that their QC people missed it and there SHOULD have been game worn in the affected cards

seems like this always happens when companies become too big. they think that they can manipulate the consumers based on their 'reputation'. then when they get busted, the place the blame on some other issue. standard procedure for major corporations when they get 'found out'.

i wonder where all the quality control money goes then...

I think its not a very good look for them at all.

What I think has happened is that they have simply run out of patches, someone has gone and grabbed the photoshoot patches and just used them.

Whether this is intentional......who knows?

tdfLAWLESS_zpsb2797f74.jpg

Maybe the Broncos forgot their uni's one day and had to borrow some from the Giants ;)

I think you are being too kind Matt if you think they "ran out" of game used for their highest end release.... They never had them and it was a scam from the start.... Again, why pump it up as100% vet game used and then.... "Well, those ones were labelled wrong, blah, blah, blah"

Trouble is Panini has contradicted itself in a major screwup. They pimped these set rigorously stating how it was all game-used for vets and then go and say that it was simply a printing issue, meaning there was suppose to be non-game used relics all along. In any other set, I doubt this barely registers, but in a release of over $1k for a box of 10-cards, there can be no excuse. If they run out of patches, pull-them out of the set.

At $1K+ a box, they should have had their numbers exactly right and had the jerseys locked away in a vault way in advance. Excuses and explanations are meaningless and pointless - they screwed up big time.

Last edited:
Just in-case people are unaware of the scale of the fake cards released by Panini

Panini admits involvement

As this is an issue across many other sports for Panini, we've got to ask what's going on? How do we know which Panini cards are fake or not for any sport?
Some may recall the recent fraud case Fraud sports memorabilia dealer Bradley Wells tells FBI prominent card companies knew his jerseys were fakes. Reports filed showed that the value of raw material in just some of the fraud cases if the items had not been fake, would have totaled over US$11 million and Courts papers from the above case say that Panini made millions of dollars through their sales of these fake cards. It was quite a shock to read that there have been several cases including Wells, Oldridge, Horne, Gernay. Panini's admission of the scale of what was going on is worrying. The recent sentencing at US District Courthouse in Rockford, Illinois includes convictions of jail time.

These are indeed sad times.

An arrest at National Sports Collectors Convention
National_Arrest.jpg

Back
Top Bottom