For a product as tried and tested and true as Panini America’s National Treasures Baseball franchise, there’s an awful lot of newness featured in the upcoming 2017 edition. It starts with the legendary Mickey Mantle, who makes his National Treasures debut with an exclusive seven-card tribute set that honor’s The Mick’s career highlights. Also for the first time, National Treasures Baseball will deliver hard-signed booklet cards and College Rookie Materials Signatures.
Of course, collectors also will find plenty of the longstanding staples that have come to define the NT brand and thrust it to the top of the class when it comes to high-end baseball releases: Rookie Materials Signatures, Bat Barrels, Timeline Materials and so much more. Set to arrive in hobby shops across North America on October 25, each eight-card box of 2017 National Treasures Baseball will yield, on average, eight autograph or memorabilia cards (including one booklet card).
Additional highlights of the product are many and include . . .
- National Treasures Baseball’s first hard-signed booklet cards featuring Jumbo Rookie Materials, Dual Materials and Jumbo Materials.
- Find the Rookie Card to collect every year with NT’s calling-card Rookie Materials Signatures featuring top current and future stars.
- Look for an incredible 1/1 cut-signature booklet card featuring Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig.
- New for 2017 is the College Rookie Materials Signatures insert that features top rookies shown in their college uniforms and paired with jumbo college material. Look for Aaron Judge, Dansby Swanson, Andrew Benintendi, Ian Happ, Hunter Renfroe and Alex Bregman.
- The seven-card Mickey Mantle Tribute set focuses on nicknames, moments and accomplishments from the illustrious career of The Mick.
- Bat Barrels remain some of the most sought after pieces of material in the industry today. This year’s set includes legends, current stars and future stars.
- Look for top rookies paired with player specific custom die-cuts in the unique Rookie Jersey Signatures chase.
- One of the numerous hard-signed inserts, Material Ink features top stars, future stars and legends on a classic design.
- After a 108-year wait, a dramatic Game 7 comeback win in extra innings and overcoming a 3-1 deficit, the North Siders deserve a tribute set to commemorate the accomplishment — 2017 National Treasures Baseball is the place for that set, which is highlighted by autographs from Theo Epstein.
We’ll have plenty more on 2017 National Treasures Baseball in the coming weeks right here on The Knight’s Lance. But until then, feast your eyes on this must-see preview:
Shop for your favorite Panini America baseball products now at the official online store of Panini America.
All information is accurate at the time of posting – content is subject to change and approval. Card images are solely for the purpose of design display. Actual images used on cards to be determined.