If you high-end baseball collectors out there haven’t quite yet gotten around to completing your holiday wish list, well, that’s a good thing. In late December, Panini America has something you might want to add to it: 2016 National Treasures Baseball, set to arrive in hobby shops across North America in late December. The iconic brand returns for the new season equipped with new autograph inclusions, game-specific memorabilia enhancements and more.
Set to release December 21, 2016 National Treasures Baseball delivers, on average, eight autograph or memorabilia cards (including one booklet card) in every eight-card box. New for 2016 are on-card autograph inserts such as Six Swatch Signatures and Player’s Collection Signatures, and a vast and varied checklist that features top rookies, superstar veterans, high-upside prospects and the game’s grandest legends.
The product highlights are many for 2016 National Treasures Baseball and include . . .
- Hard-signed Rookie Materials Signatures featuring hot names like Nomar Mazara, Corey Seager, Trevor Story, Stephen Piscotty, Tyler Naquin, Kyle Schwarber and many more.
- Rich memorabilia tributes featuring game-worn jerseys from 2016 Mother’s Day, Memorial Day and Fourth of July games.
- New booklets for 2016 include Jumbo Triple Player Materials and Jumbo Quad Player Materials as well as sublime 12-player, 16-player, 24-player and 32-player material booklets. Look for combinations that include legends, rookies and current superstars.
- The incorporation of rare memorabilia including Bat Knobs, Bat Nameplates, Flag Silhouettes, Batting Gloves, Fielding Gloves, Stirrups and ID Tags.
- A 50-card base set featuring player nicknames, highlights and other defining traits. Find four Prime parallels numbered to 25 or less.
- The Player’s Collection Signatures insert features on-card autographs paired with three pieces of memorabilia, with Prime parallels numbered to 10 or less.
- One of the rarest pieces of memorabilia in the collecting community, the Bat Knobs insert features legendary lumber from the likes of David Ortiz, Mike Piazza, Jose Bautista, Hall of Famer Harry Hooper, Darryl Strawberry and more.
We’ll have much more to preview on 2016 National Treasures Baseball in the coming weeks right here on The Knight’s Lance. But until then, enjoy this extended sneak peek . . . and then go update your holiday wish list.
All information is accurate at the time of posting – content is subject to change and approval. Card images are solely for the purpose of design display. Actual images used on cards to be determined.