Itâ€™s been almost a month since legendary Atlanta Braves slugger Dale Murphy broke the news that Panini America would be producing â€” for the first time ever â€” a National Treasures-branded baseball product. And the passage of time has allowed folks inside Panini America HQ the opportunity to finalize the history-making details behind a product that releases February 13 and will deliver eight autograph or memorabilia cards per pack, including at least one on-card autograph and one booklet card.
A product that has been 12 years in the making, 2012 National Treasures Baseball features an unrivaled checklist that includes 77 of the 100 members named to baseballâ€™s All-Century Team, 25 of the Top 40 Greatest Players of All Time, 11 Triple Crown hitters, eight .400 hitters and the first-ever memorabilia cards of such legends as Wee Willie Keeler, Jake Daubert, Goose Goslin, Pete Reiser, Dave Bancroft, Heine Groh, Willie Kamm and Billy Southworth.
Among the setâ€™s myriad highlights . . .
- Triple Crown Winners: Memorabilia cards honoring Triple Crown champions from 1901 through 2012 â€” including Ty Cobb, Lou Gehrig, Walter Johnson, Jimmie Foxx and more â€” numbered to 99 or less.
- Buttons: Unique memorabilia cards incorporating buttons from jerseys worn by the likes of Satchel Paige, Rogers Hornsby, Joe DiMaggio, Jackie Robinson and more numbered to eight or less.
- Bat Knobs: 1/1 masterpieces featuring oversized bat knobs cut from game-used bats wielded by such legends as Honus Wagner, Roberto Clemente, Ted Williams and more.
- Legends Booklets: Fantastic booklet cards featuring a cut signature on one side and an oversized piece of memorabilia on the other, these museum-quality tributes honor the likes of Jim Thorpe, Dizzy Dean, Hack Wilson and so many more on cards numbered to 25 or less.
- Legends Booklets I.D. Tags: The player I.D. tags from game-worn jerseys give the Legends Booklets a rare 1/1 version, featuring Jackie Robinson, Nolan Ryan, Reggie Jackson, Carlton Fisk and more.
- Hall of Fame Logo and Membership Signatures: On-card autographs from the greatest baseball players in history.
- Jumbo Die-Cut Prime Signatures: A stacked checklist of baseballâ€™s greatest legends and biggest current superstars highlight this insert that includes an oversized piece of prime, game-worn memorabilia and an on-card autograph.
- Rated Rookie Signature Materials Gold: On-card signed, jumbo-memorabilia Rookie Cards featuring young superstars such as Matt Moore, Will Middlebrooks, Brett Lawrie and more numbered to 25.
- Rookie of the Year Jumbo Prime Materials Gold: This tribute to Rookie of the Year Mike Trout includes a huge swatch of game-worn memorabilia and an on-card autograph and is limited to just 25 copies.
- Rated Rookie Prime Materials Gold: Jumbo-material Rookie Cards honoring such young superstars as Yu Darvish and Bryce Harper numbered to 25.
Hereâ€™s the PIS sheet: 12_Natl_Treasures_BB_PIS