Panini America Makes History with Michael Jackson-Worn Memorabilia Trading Cards

OzCardTrader

Site Admin
Real Name
Webmaster
jacksonmem1.jpg

They say clothes don’t make the man. But these aren’t just any clothes and this isn’t just any man.
Sometimes,*under*extraordinary*circumstances, clothes do make the man. They make him more collectible, more memorable,*and perhaps even more touchable*than*he’s ever been.
The man in this case is, well, “The Man” –*Michael Jackson.*As for the*history-making clothes, they were worn by the King of Pop himself*from 1971 through 1974 during many memorable*performances,*including “The Flip Wilson Show,” “American Bandstand,” “Soul Train,” and televised specials anchored by such*luminaries*as Bob Hope and Diana Ross.
Leading trading card manufacturer Panini America purchased the history-soaked*pieces of sartorial splendor at auction two years ago — and cut them up.
As a result,*Jackson fans and collectors everywhere will*have the unique opportunity to own pieces of Jackson when*the company’s*Official Michael Jackson Trading Card Set hits*stores next week.
“We’re thrilled to be able to*partner with the Jackson estate in an official capacity to honor Michael’s*memory and his legendary career with this truly unique*trading card set,”*said Panini America CEO Mark Warsop. “We’ve been working diligently for more than two years to*bring this set to*market, and we’re confident that the inclusion of*Jackson-worn memorabilia will make this a product unlike any other we’ve ever produced.”
Below you’ll find a stunning gallery of the*Jackson memorabilia cards*randomly inserted into the*set, along with the corresponding auction description of the respective piece of clothing used.
The Official Michael Jackson Trading Card Set will be available starting next week at Target stores nationwide and at the Panini America Online Store.
See the links after the gallery for additional coverage of this*groundbreaking set.
Additional coverage of the Official Michael Jackson Trading Card Set:
Recalling The King of Pop’s Greatest Albums
Michael Jackson Must-See: The King of Pop’s Top 20 Achievements
The*’Number Ones’ Subset in Panini’s Official Michael Jackson Trading Card Set
World Premiere: Inside the Official Michael Jackson Trading Card Set
Panini Peek: 2011 Michael Jackson

b.gif

Read more over at the Panini Blog...

I suppose that's pretty cool ... I'm more of an Elvis guy myself ... But It's still cool I guess ... Wonder If they'll have worn materials from his monkey Bubbles ? lol
As soon as these hit Ebay they'll sell like KRAZY, that's for sure. Will I buy any ? ...... ehhh, no.

---------- Post added 14-06-2011 at 03:58 AM ----------

And It has begun ... Michael Jackson 5 Panini Hobby Box Sets W 24 Packs Each | eBay

Back
Top Bottom