Packing in top loaders or hard cases

johnsmithysmithy

Banned User
Real Name
Andrew & Joseph
eBay User
userid4576
I was wanted to get a opinion from you guys :worthy:

I recently brought a 1/1 printing plate auto for $100 US dollars it was sent in a top loader but it was well padded etc.

Then I brought a auto/patch card and I spent $40 US but that that card in a Magnetic hard case Holder but it has very protection just the envelope was padded.

Just wondering what you think? should a card be worth more than $30 US, should all be sent in hard cases or it doesn't really matter as long as it arrives in one piece.

Usually top loaders cost 20 cent each and snap holders are 50 cent and magnetic holders are $1.40 US.

Any advice is worthy :thumbsup:

as long as it arrives in one piece.

Thats the main key, they take the time so it arrives in the same condition it left.

You are paying for the card not the holder. Their obligation is the card only.

Its up to the seller if they want to send it in a one touch etc. Sometimes with the thickness of cards its the best way as toploaders for them are harder to source at times.

Thats the main key, they take the time so it arrives in the same condition it left.

Its up to the seller if they want to send it in a one touch etc. Sometimes with the thickness of cards its the best way as toploaders for them are harder to source at times.

Cool, I'm just trying to weigh it all up because I want to send the cards I sell or trade in the condition I get it in, sometimes I love to send a top loader if its under 100 US but I bubble wrap it really well sometime its too big to fit it a size 0 padded bag at Australia Post but I guess I know its protected and if the postage cost more I usually pay for it. A extra few dollars doesn't hurt, its a happy face from the receiver of the card is the important thing. thanks

i actually prefer toploaders in a way for sending, i have had magnetics get smashed into pieces through the sorting machine. If it warrants a magnetic when it arrives into the pc, then i usually put it in one.

I think aslong as you use your head when sending things should be ok. Those old fillers are your best friend imho, they work wonders each side of your toploaders in a team bag. Just my 2 cents =)

P.S maybe we could issue some rubber gloves and tweezers to ozcarders, that finger acid is nasty.

lol - cheeky!

I hate seeing fingerprints on autos cards in videos :p

What worse is getting a Exquisite Auto box with finger prints all over it, that you just brought, I'll give it a wipe over with the special exquisite rag lol ;)

Yeah I try and re-use my gloves :p but a friend uses them like hot cakes because he sweat too much :eek:

I have no particular preference but for Exquisites, I have had one (very expensive card) damaged in a toploader before, but never had one damaged in a hard case, so preferentially for expensive Exquisites I prefer hard cases these days.

As was mentioned, it is how well it is packaged, not just the holder.

Such as the problem recently of toploaders without secure taping, so card either gets stuck to the tape on the edge, or tape comes off and card slides out and gets sticky tape stuck on it or gets bent.

Ersk

The only Finger Print on an auto should be the signer!!

He He He you should see some of the box breaks done at dream cards in Melbourne, some of his clients but their finger prints on the autograph areas, it theory cards should be handle by their edges ;)

I agree 100%

Plus remember a hardcase is also heavier which means more shipping and also they arent as cheap as toploaders.

I personally send any high valued cards like $500 and above in hardcases at my own expense.

Back
Top Bottom