Group Break OZGB - Multi Year NFL Mixer 13-Box Group Break - Cancelled

cherrycollectables

OZCT Supporter
Real Name
grayson white
eBay User
cherrycollectablesaus
To clear the shelves for the upcoming 2014 releases our good friend @Glover suggested a NFL "Mixer" - and we think its a great idea! So here is a 13-Box Multi Year NFL Group Break

Each spot gets you two (2) teams! One you pick, the other is randomly assigned from the teams not chosen, on the night of the break!

Boxes include:
  • 1 x 2012 Topps Chrome Box
  • 2 x 2014 Panini Prestige Boxes
  • 5 x 2012 Panini Prime Boxes (Sealed Inner Case)
  • 1 x 2011 Panini Timeless Treasures Box
  • 1 x 2013 Panini Absolute Box
  • 1 x 2013 Panini Prizm Jumbo Box
  • 1 x 2012 Panini Black Box
  • 1 x 2012 Topps Finest Box
Comment below to reserve your spot and payment will be due once filled

Pricing is as follows:
  • 1 spot (2 teams) = $110
  • 2 spots (4 teams) = $210 (save $10)
  • 3 spots (6 teams) = $300 (save $30)

International participation welcome, postage is a flat $25au and covers as many teams as you buy including tracked/reg shipping!

Each Team Price includes:
  • any postage;
  • any One Touches or Top Loaders;
  • any bank fees;
  • any Hits (all numbered cards).
Aired Live approx 7pm on Cherry Collectables LIVE breaks once filled.

Teams Owned:
  1. seahawks - @Jaames
  2. colts - @Glover
  3. redskins - @Snowy
  4. eagles - @RedskinsFan
  5. patriots - @spanishsahara
  6. x
  7. x
  8. x
  9. x
  10. x
  11. x
  12. x
  13. x
  14. x
  15. x
  16. x
MOJO

Last edited:
I think we might have the same problems as last time now the best rookie teams have gone. I imagine someone thinking, why should I pay the same amount for the lions (example) as someone else paid for the colts? Especially when the value of the hits is so high for those top teams.

Either way, I'll take the Pats please

I spose its the luck of the break tho, I have had great rookie teams in random breaks and got nothing and seen lesser teams for that year have the case hit. Best teams don't always ensure best results. The thrill of the gamble really, role the dice

I think moving forward is like to see more random based nfl breaks. Prob have a better buy in too

Guys, I went Randoms and you all wanted to pick your teams. I go teams and you run out of teams with good hits. I go multi year, multi teams and you all want other peoples teams and somehow run out of teams with good hits...

I need more Cowbell! I personally think randoms and then trade teams amongst yourselves.

Perhaps I could draw teams a day before? Thoughts?

I actually like that idea, if we had a day to trade we would all probably end up somewhat happy

Either way G, you're always going to get some form of grumbling. It worked with picking our sides in the early days as we had quite a few blokes that consistently had the same side for pc purposes and we had minimal clashes. It's changing now as a few of those guys seem to have vanished and the newbies that have arrived seem to only want to snap up the sides that relate to the good $$$ hits creating clashes, headaches and making it less attractive to jump in. It's far from an exact science and will never be perfect. You go draft, you'll have guys sooking about scoring the 'dud' sides. I'm not going to appologise for dropping out of the Inception break as clearly that was a bad choice. If a product has that many sides with minimal hits it's pretty hard to make a solid case to break it in this kind of forum. I'm open to changes and new ideas, but would hope that you don't go forgetting or leaving out your long term loyal customers (not that I'd expect that to happen!!).

So I think if we're going to go with any multi year breaks we would almost have to do it random style. For example you will get 2 random teams in this current break and then have 24 hr trading period like @spanishsahara said it could work very well.

Right now we have it as first in best dressed for all of our breaks for pick your team style. I think we need to go the way how @cherrycollectables does it for the there high end basketball products where you can only choose 1 of the top 4-5 teams in the first 48 hrs.

This will give people at least more of a chance getting a high end rookie team and even there PC.

Since we have a tonne of hype over this years rookie class the teams I would are the Browns, Texans, Jags, Raiders and Vikings.

Just throwing some ideas out there, maybe even if we start recommending what products we want in future breaks we could get the ball rolling earlier instead of us struggling at the last second to fill it.

I'd only ever go in group breaks if I had the Seahawks. I have way to many NFL cards of teams I don't collect and they are almost impossible to sell/trade around here.

Is this going forward guys or what.
What cards do you want to sell Jaames. I buy all mine from the states and shipping is always more then the cards.

Yeah G. I know the team breaks with NFL fans are hard. When your PC team goes you lose interest. We need more people who love to just collect all cards.
Oh did you have a chance to look at that trade for the lebron card yet.

Saw this. know the idea may be dead. saw a mixer where the teams got randomed in quarters. Then you could switch teams back. Just a random thought being "fresh meat" lol